Chapter Seventy Two

"Anyone else hoping that this chapter's a bit more lighthearted?" Evan asked.

"Preaching to the choir there Ev," Rose shook her head as Rachel grabbed the scroll she'd be reading.

"Please tell me that's not what you're wearing."

"Wow, not even a sentence in and Audrey's being annoying," Phil Jr. shook his head.

"Phillip," Aurora warned.

"Sorry mom."

Mal sighed as Uma walked into their dorm.

"Huh," Phil Jr. said as Audrey turned to him with a raised eyebrow. "Well I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Sorry Audrey."

Evie had finally gotten around to cornering Mal into gettin a dress fitting for her Cotillion gown.

"...You still have your purple hair here right?" Audie asked Malinda.

"Why wouldn't I?" Malinda asked.

Audie bit her lip. "Well um...in my timeline you went blonde and wore the same dress and no offense to Evie but it works a lot better with the blonde hair than with your purple hair."

"I'm sorry, can you repeat the part where I went blonde?"

"Pressure from the press along with fears that the people would turn against Ben if they thought he was dating a 'villain' pushed you to change everything about yourself...almost like you're doing here. Minus the blonde."

"And did anyone say anything to your timeline's me?"

"Ben offered to cancel a date but other than that, if they didn't show it in the viewing then I don't know."

Malinda shook her head. "Your timeline's full of idiots."

Mal honestly didn't know how Evie had had the time to make her gown but she had—it was a blue and yellow strapless dress that was probably the exact opposite of her style which made it perfect to get people to stop connecting her with the Dragon.

Audie sighed. "Sounds like the same dress then."

"I mean...Mal's getting inducted into the royal court," Rose said hesitantly. "Wouldn't it make sense for her to wear the royal colors?"

"She's also Lord Hades' daughter and everyone knows his color's blue," Audie pointed out.

"...That's a good point."

Privately, Mal had hoped that Uma would be distracted enough by sparring with Harry that the fitting would be done by the time her cousin came back to the dorm.

"Really? If your fitting is in our dorm, I doubt I wouldn't find out about it," Uma shook her head.

"Seriously how long do you guys spar for?" Melody asked.

No such luck.

"Told ya!"

"No one likes a know it all cuz," Mal sighed.

"Seriously Mali, that's not what you're wearing are you?" Uma asked as she sat down on her bed.

"Since when do you care about clothes?" Celia asked Uma.

"When the clothes are going on my cousin and sound like they look horrible on her? I'll always care," Uma told her.

"It's either this or I'm going to Cotillion in my bathrobe," Mal told her. "No one wants to see that, now do they?"