Chapter Ninety Two

Mr. Smee smiled as he chose his scroll. Yes this was a rather odd situation he found himself in but he found he didn't mind it. Not if it meant he could spend time with his kids.

Estelle grinned as he ran up to James, who threw the ball once more.

"Good old James," Benji said with a small smile.

James paused and then shook his head. It wasn't the time to make a comment about the other lad's name.

The Cerberus loved spending time with the older human.

"Good," Malinda said with a small smile. "James loves spending time with Estelle."

He always seemed to make time for them to run around on the grass, something Estelle loved.

"And he'll get to experience it soon," Ben promised.

It wasn't something they had back in the cloudy space with all the familiar humans but it felt nice on his paws.

Mal sighed softly. "I probably got a call from James saying Estelle was freaking out the first time he tried to take him on it..."

Plus James always seemed to have a treat or two on him. Granted, he wasn't Mal but there was only one Mal.

"Well, right now there's two Mal's," Celia chuckled.

Speaking of who...

"I think Mal's about to join in the fun!" Emir grinned.

Mali! Estelle thought with a grin as he lifted his left head to see his human walking toward them, the right head still bent down to get the ball that had been thrown and the center head grinning over at James.

"He acts the same way whenever he sees Mal now," Benji said with a smile. "Though he was a little put out when Firefly started growing and made it harder for Estelle to sit on Mal's lap."

Estelle whined softly. No more Mali cuddles?

"How's he been today James?" Mal asked as Estelle came running over, dropping the ball at her feet and furiously wagging his tail.

"Looks like someone wants to play," Hercules said with a small chuckle.

It was a clear hint that he wanted his human to throw the ball. A hint his human picked up on as Mal grinned and grabbed the ball, throwing it for Estelle who eagerly went chasing after it and running back to her with it firmly in his mouth before dropping it at her feet.

"Don't need to ask me twice boy, I'm always eager to play," Malinda said, giving her dog a smile.

"Perfect as always Lady Mal," James said and Estelle snorted as his Mal made a face at the extra word in front of her name.

"Looks like Mal is definitely back," Uma said with a grin.

He didn't know why the humans made such a big deal about the extra sound. Cerberi didn't!

Herkie tilted his head. "Do...do Cerberi have lords and ladies the way humans do?"

"Do you have any plans for Cotillion James?" Mal asked as she threw the ball once more for Estelle. Her dog seemed to have boundless energy but that was alright by her. As long as he got tired out by bedtime, he could have all the energy he wanted.

"Estelle wouldn't keep you up all night, Mali. He knows better plus he's always happy to cuddle you," Hadie said with a grin.

Plus a tired out Estelle was more likely to give cuddles when it came time for bed. Nothing was better than curling up next to a pooped out pooch.