Chapter One Hundred and Seven

"So...who decides who reads?" Cassandra asked.

"It's kinda a free for all," Eugene shrugged.

"Oh...you mind if I go?"

"Have fun, Dragon Lady."

"Thanks Flyboy."

Mal smiled as she looked at her ring.

"Wait...what ring?" Ginny asked.

Malinda smiled as she held up her hand. "I don't think we actually broke the news to Ginny and Cassandra that we're married," she said, gesturing to herself and Benji.

Ginny stared in shock. "Mal's going to be the next Queen of Auradon?"

"Believe me, we were just as shocked as you are," Jay told her.

It truly was beautiful—there were honestly days that she thought she had dreamt Cotillion and she was going to wake up to find herself still having Lady of the Court sessions with Natalie.

"She will never be able to be near you again," Benji promised as he held Malinda close.

"Who's Natalie?" Ginny asked.

"The spawn of Satan," Harry said.

"But...I thought you all called Freddy the–?"

"Satan can have many spawns! We've been over this!"

Or worse, wake up and find that she was still on the Isle.

"Never going to happen," Hades said. "Even if I have to talk to Morpheus and warn him about messing about in Mal's dreams."

But it hadn't been a dream. It had been real. Ben was now her fiancé. Her wonderful, optimistic, kind hearted fiancé.

"You forgot 'dragon obsessed' in your descriptors," Akiho said.

"Pretty sure that goes without saying," Malinda chuckled.

Thankfully, that bonk on the head that Freddy had given him at Cotillion had only changed him in the fact that he did actually start using his guards a bit more.

"Oh thank the Gods!" Akiho exclaimed, falling to his knees from his seat. "Thank Lord Hades, thank Lady Demeter, thank Lord Posidon, thank Lady Persephone, thank Lady Hera, thank Odin, thank Freya..."

"Is...is he okay?" Ginny whispered to Carlos as Akiho continued to list Gods to thank.

"Physically? Yes. Mentally? We're still unsure," Carlos whispered back.

Not so much that Akiho stopped ranting at him about the importance of said guards whenever he got the chance but enough that it soothed the worry in Mal's heart.

"Aww!" Akiho pouted as he realized what had been said.

"Think you can get back into your seat now?" Emir chuckled.

Mal sighed as she thought about him. Freddy, she meant though it would have been much more enjoyable to think about Akiho and his many antics with Ben and Emir.

"You got that right," the VKs muttered. Yes, even the new arrivals–it was a fair assumption that anyone would have been better than thinking about Freddy.

Two months had passed since Cotillion and they hadn't found Freddy. They suspected that he was somewhere in Auradon but they couldn't be sure.

"Well...at least you know he's not on the Isle," Sammy pointed out. "He would have needed to steal a barrier remote."

Jay thought maybe he had gone to Apollo to heal his wounds but that idea was shot down as quickly as it came up. Apollo was the God of Medicine yes, but Freddy was so fanatical that he would have eaten his own femur before he accepted help from one of the Gods. It was the reason why he refused to have his wounds healed by magic after all.