Chapter Sixty One

Milah and Harry made their way to one of the side rooms, with Milah gently closing the door behind her. She knew that her son's friends would be by his side in a heartbeat if they thought anything might happen to him.

Plus she knew that Lady Persephone would personally escort her back to the Underworld should anything happen to Harry during their talk.

Not that Milah would do anything to Harry of course, but she could understand the protectiveness. Especially after reading about how her husband had...no, it wasn't time to focus on that.

After all, it didn't excuse Harry for making CJ think it was her fault Milah had died and it didn't excuse Harry basically tormenting his sister for fourteen years.

I know life is cruel on the Isle but that's no reason to be that cruel to his sister, she thought. After all, CJ missed out on a chance to know me, know Harriet as a sister rather than a mom...and apparently lost a chance to have a brother in her life.

"So...what did you want to talk to me about, mom?" Harry asked, breaking the silence that had begun to build between them.

Milah sighed. "Your treatment of your sister."

"I treat Harriet just fine!"

"I wasn't talking about her. You have another sister I believe, don't you Harrison?"

"Who, Mal? I mean she's one of my captains so of course I treat her with the respect she deserves. Plus she's a Godling like Uma so Lord Hades would fry my arse to Tartarus if I hurt Mal."

"Language Harry. And I'm talking about CJ."

Harry scowled and crossed his arms over his chest. "Why would I want to talk about the Runt?"

"Harry..." Milah sighed. "Enough. I know that life was hard after I died but that doesn't give you any reason to blame CJ for my death."

"If you weren't pregnant with her, you would have kept your strength and you would have still been alive! Especially because of how cold it was! Harriet told me, it was one of the coldest winters we had on the Isle! I don't see how this isn't the Runt's fault!"

"Harrison James, this is the last time I'm going to say this but do not refer to your sister by that name!"

"Good luck with that," CJ's voice came from the doorway and both Hooks turned around to see her.

"I thought I closed that door," Milah said.

"You did but you didn't lock it," CJ said as she walked into the room, closing the door behind her and making sure to lock it. "I mean, I know Uma, Jay, or Harriet would be able to pick that lock if need be but still. It's a barrier. Anyway, good luck with trying to get Harry to not call me 'Runt'. Harriet can't even get him to stop and she's a Captain."

"Well I'm not Harriet," Milah said. She wasn't going to lie, she was a little thankful that CJ had snuck in here. Because they could air their grievances out face to face rather than have to wonder what was being said.

This conversation pertained to CJ, she should be there as well.

"Why does she even need to be here?" Harry grumbled.

"Because this conversation is about her too, Harrison," Milah said, trying to hide the frown as she saw her son flinch slightly at the repeated use of his full name. "I think she deserves to know why you've been so cruel to her."

"Oh does she? Figures you've gone over to her side. Just like the Captain."

CJ snorted. "Oh yeah, the Captain is so on my side. It's why I've spent most nights sleeping on the ship with Harriet rather than at home."