Chapter Fifty Four

The next day found everyone waking up in a variety of poses they definitely did not fall asleep in.

"How is it, no matter how he falls asleep, I always get our son's butt pressed into me?" Hades asked as he looked at Persephone. "You get the head, I get the butt?"

"I think it's sweet," Persephone chuckled.

Mal shook her head. "He's the same way when we pile into bed, dad. Like if it's Harry, me, and Hadie? Harry gets the head, I get the butt."

"Can we stop talking about my butt?" Hadie asked as the Fates began to provide a variety of food, clearly learning from their choice to bring a pregnant woman in.

"Is...Is all she eating strawberries?" Henry asked.

Malinda chuckled. "Pup's got me craving them."

"Like you didn't before," Benji shook his head. "Eat something other than strawberries please Mal?"

"Fine, but only because you're asking."

Abby chuckled as she watched and everyone else continued to eat. As they finished up, they got back in their seats.

"Who's reading?" Elle asked.

Melody grinned. "Can I read?"

"Go for it," Mal shrugged and Melody quickly grabbed a scroll before anyone else could object.

Uma sighed as she watched the Isle disappear into the horizon as the limo they were in drove toward Boreadon.

Mal snorted in amusement. "Why am I not surprised that you're in the limo on your way there and you're still calling it Boreadon?"

Er...Auradon. She should probably start referring to it by its proper name now that she would be living there.

"Some people in Auradon would appreciate that yes," Malinda nodded with a fond smile.

Not that Uma was complaining about finally being free of the Isle, but she would miss some aspects of it.

Ariel couldn't help but give her cousin a small smile. "It's your home. No matter how much I love my castle with Eric, there's a part of me that'll always miss Atlantica."

Her crew for one; while Harry and Hadie were joining her on her voyage to Boreadon all the other members of her crew were still confined to the Isle. Well, and Gil but he wasn't exactly part of the crew.

"Eh, honestly he's basically part of the crew now," Henry said. "He's been good for clothing repair too surprisingly."

"He mended my hat," Squeaky said softly, looking at everyone from his spot by Mr. Smee's arm. "And Squirmy's glasses—they broke but Gil put them back together. And then he took us to get food at Lord Hades'."

"Huh." Uma said. "Maybe we should look into making Gil—."

"Nope! No way! I don't care how wonderful he is, I am just fine keeping him at protection level but that's it," Harry stated.

He had been under the crew's protection just as DeVil had been before he left the Isle.

"For reasons that still escape me," Harry muttered. Oh he was fine with DeVil being under crew protection...it was Gil he was still confused about.

She wasn't going to lie, she'd been surprised to have the king of Auradon present to accompany the new kids from the Isle.

"Yeah that's definitely an upgrade from our driver," Malinda chuckled.

"I thought you said you liked the guy?" Benji asked.