Chapter Eleven

"Alright, let's see what this scroll has to offer," Neal said with a small smile.

The next time Hades was able to have a one on one conversation with his daughter wasn't until a month after the first one. Yes, he still saw her about once a week whenever she came into the restaurant but it was never longer than ten minutes or so. She came in, placed her order which nine times out of ten was a fish dish of some kind, and leave.

"Nine times out of ten," Uma snorted in amusement. "Like Uncle Hades didn't only have fish back then."

Hades had been trying to come up with a fish dish that took longer to make but with no luck. A ten minute prep and cook time seemed to be the perfect amount. The fish either came out too dry or too oily otherwise. Persephone, though, had promised to get a cook book the next time she was off the Isle—or at the very least print off some recipes.

"I mean I'd try to go to the library at Dragon Hall and see if there'd be a cookbook for you dad but it's locked and only Facilier has the key," Mal said.

Ben and Belle looked at her, horror on their faces. "They lock the library?!"

"Probably the worst thing you could have said to two bookworms," Chip told Mal.

Never before had Hades longed for something as simple as an internet connection but now he did. It was bad enough Beast had to put a magical barrier around the Isle but he could have at least given them dial up at the very least. It's not like they could use the Internet to escape.

"Why did we not include internet?" Belle asked, looking over at Beast. "Lord Hades raises a good point, it's not as if it could be used to escape."

"Dear, when we set up the Isle, internet wasn't exactly a thing," Beast reminded her.

"So why didn't we set it up when it became a thing?" Belle said as she raised an eyebrow.

"Oh honestly," Leah scoffed before Beast could answer. "It is a prison after all. They shouldn't have the creature comforts we have."

"I don't like her," Hades muttered to Persephone. "Belle though...she could grow on me."

Persephone snorted in amusement.

Plus, the image of Maleficent trying to use a computer was one Hades would pay to make real instead of living solely in his head.

"Can...can we make that a reality?" Chip asked with a grin, turning to look over at Ben.

Ben shook his head. "How is it you're the older one?"

"That's not a 'no' Benji!"

Hades had been closing up the restaurant when he saw Mal running past him out of the corner of his eye. Now, a child of the Isle running someplace normally wouldn't garner attention. Nine times out of ten, the kid was running from whatever shop keep they stole from and normally was able to get away from in a matter of minutes. The wonders of youth.

Demeter stiffened and shot Hades a look. Why was her granddaughter running around unattended? She was only five years old! For a Godling, that was practically still an infant!

"You know, if you know what you're doing, you don't need to run," Jay said with a smirk.

"Yes, yes, we know you're skilled Jay," Uma shook her head as Harry rolled his eyes.

However, this was Mal. There would have been no reason for her to steal from or run from any of the shop keeps in the area. Being the daughter of Maleficent gave her leeway in that regard. Most shop keeps would have given her the item she asked for as tribute just to keep Maleficent happy.