𝑶𝑵𝑬

[were pretending the ministry of magic is in the muggle world, cry about it🥲.]

"Sod off, Malfoy

"Sod off, Malfoy."

"Your gonna be late on your first day, Luce!" Cedric shouted from downstairs.

Lucille was rushing to grab her things, her slightly curly hair was falling over her shoulders and over the blouse she was wearing with a black fitted skirt. She was more than nervous to be at this job- her boss was Draco Malfoy.

And she didn't know how to feel about that.

But she'd needed a job, and Cedric worked in the same department at the ministry of magic as Mr. Malfoy did, so she gladly took the job. She could stand up for herself, and it's not like he was allowed to say cruel things to her.

But she knew he would.

"Coming!" She shouted back as a reply, and she was applying some strawberry chapstick to her lips before tossing it back on her vanity, and rushing out of her bedroom.

Her and her brother lived alone, due to their parents telling them that they don't want them anymore at the age of sixteen. So she had no parents, but she did have a boyfriend, and she was very thankful for him. Although he had grown distant, she still believed that their relationship was strong.

When she reached down stairs, Cedric had handed her the book she was going to bring just in case. He guided her outside, and into their car while they started to drive to the ministry of magic.

"I'll bring you lunch at 12, so be sure to text me what you want and keep your wand on you at all times," he told her and she smiled at his protectiveness. "This place is very different from the wizarding world."

"I know bubs," she responded lightly.

The ministry wasn't far from the small apartment where they lived at, so when they turned into the parking lot her breathe got caught in her throat. She was nervous- so nervous to meet him because she knew he wouldn't like her.

He had no clue who his assistant was, just that he was meeting her today.

Cedric had gotten out of the car and opened the door for Lucille, and she stepped out in her converses, and closed the door behind her. Her light green eyes looked at the tall building in front of her, and she was lucky that her boyfriend worked here too. She was excited to be working at the same job as him, because at least she knew some people there.

When they were entering, there was people everywhere, dressed very differently than Lucille, and she began to grow even more nervous. Cedric approached the women at the front desk and when a tall, muscular man was standing beside her, his hands in his pockets, Lucille sucked in a breathe.

Mr. Malfoy.

And Lucille did not want to take her eyes off of him. But she had too, because when they approached the desk, Cedric was clocking in and introducing Lucille to Mr. Malfoy.

And he made a big fuss about it, just like she expected.

"Seriously? She's my assistant?" He seethed towards Lucille, and she was cowering underneath his gaze at the intense glare he was giving her. It made her stomach curl at the fact that he didn't like her. "You couldve hired anyone else besides Diggorys sister?"

"Sod off Malfoy," Cedric snapped back at him. "She's here to work, and that's it. You wanted an assistant, you got it."

Mr. Malfoy was giving Cedric the side eye but he never once took his eyes off of the young girl that stood in front of him. His eyes traveled down her whole figure- and Lucille wasn't even curvy. She may have had a c cup in her bra size and her ass was a little fat, she couldn't lie at that, but besides that she was very small and petite.

She was only 5'1, making Mr. Malfoy almost a whole foot taller than her.

When Lucille felt someone behind her she turned around to see Jack, he'd boyfriend, and she smiled up at him.

"Hey babe," he said flatly making her chest tighten, but she brushed it off. "Can I talk you for a moment? Alone?"

Her heart was about to hurt- she could feel it.

So he took her hand coldly, and brought her into a secluded area, making her look around for anybody but- nobody was around them. And she wondered what he wanted to talk about, but she didn't want her heart to get shattered.

"You seriously got a job with Draco Malfoy?" He spat out at her, and she had never heard his tone be so harsh before. "Every single girl wants him, Lucille, and if you ever think about trying something with him-."

"I won't- why would I-."

She was slapped across the face. She was beginning to grow scared at how quick that went from 0 to 100 so fast. He had only hit her a couple of times- that was the part about her relationship that she hated- but he always looked guilty afterwards and she had a big heart. So like the dumbass she was she forgave him, but this time-

He didn't look like he regret it at all.

"I wasn't done talking," he seethed. "If you ever think about cheating on me, Lucille, I'll make your life a living hell." And with that, he turned around and walked away from her, leaving her in the hallway by herself to be with her thoughts.

But she had to get back to her job, so she hoped there wasn't a red mark on her cheek where she was slapped, and exited the empty area back with her brother and Mr. Malfoy.

"Hey, are you okay?" Cedric asked her, and she nodded her head, knowing that if she spoke her voice would break. It would break because she didn't want that in a relationship. "Okay, I'm gonna get to work. I love you, I'll see you at noon for lunch."

"I love- you too," she whispered as he walked away, and when she couldn't bring her eyes back up to meet her bosses, he was walking away too.

"Follow me." He ordered sharply, but what she failed to notice-

He would glance back at her every few seconds.

Because he sure as hell could see the difference of color that was on her cheek now.