In his arms

"Okay but I would have won

"Okay but I would have won.... just one more strike" I say taking off my bowling shoes and changing into my sneakers 

"Sure, keep telling yourself that" Ace says taking our shoes to the front 

"Shut up" I laugh and grab my purse, getting ready to leave

Our bowling date had been quite an eventful night. We decided to wear baseball caps and these ridiculous and funky looking glasses that Ace believed would act as 'disguises'. It was too funny 

He also won the bowling round... 3 times :) But we can say we were almost tied 

So far it had been a beautiful evening and we were both for the first time in a while, having carefree fun together. We talked and bonded, which reminded me of the time I spent with 'Liam Wilson'. 2 friends, having fun, which I didn't think would ever happen with Ace. But tonight, I was proven wrong.

Walking out the doors, it was a bit dark outside since the sun had set. We decide to walk down the busy streets of New York, the city that never sleeps. I never really appreciated how beautiful and lit up Manhattan was at night since I was either always working through my night shifts as a nurse before, and either stuck at the office the past couple years. But being here with Ace, walking down the street with him, everything felt magical and was experiencing this magic for the first time ever, with him. 

I look over to my left and feel my breath get caught in my throat upon seeing his relaxed face, looking at the tall skyscrapers. His chiseled jaw and perfectly clear skin with a slight stubble growing in. His icy blue eyes which I could never get enough of were glistening with the city lights. His view amazed me each and every single time. 

I feel his warm hand slip into mine and intertwine our fingers as he slowly turns to face me. Our eyes locking, my smile grows alongside with his and he pulls me closer to him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we continue walking. 

Thinking my view on the left was the best thing ever, I'm proven wrong when I turn to see the view on my right...

I immediately freeze in place and fall in love upon seeing the sign 

Ice Cream

"Ace...I-Ice cream" I say and start walking away from him, and towards the big old sign and enter the store

"Are you okay?" he asks with a concerned look

"I will be once we get ice cream-" I say and he lets out a smile 

Grabbing two cups of ice cream, we walk back out and find an empty bench. Taking a seat, we eat our ice cream and look out at our view of the beautiful city. I couldn't help but notice the big billboard in-front of us 

"The Met's new exhibition... featuring for the first time, works by Ace Anderson..." I read the sign out loud 

Turning to face him, I start to get flashbacks from not long ago when he took me to the Met art gallery and showed me the private exhibition which was still in the works, that beautiful garden that at the time I thought 'Liam Wilson' had created. I start to feel my blood boil and anger over come me. Remembering how that day was basically a big fat lie. He wasn't who I thought he was, it wasn't "Liam" who created the exhibition but in fact it was Ace. Knowing that he also wanted me to come with him for the opening night as his date... I felt the hurt and betrayal of being lied to, overcome me again but I take breath and calm myself before lashing out.