Not a mistake...

Alex's POV

Alex's POV

'Just breathe Alex. You can do this. Just.... Breathe' I tell myself as I'm standing in front of David Zay's office door at work. After the very embarrassing events that took place yesterday with my... panic attack, I thought it was best to come and apologize. I was really nervous, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I genuinely liked David and felt like I had this connection to him. Not to mention, he was incredibly sexy....

I wanted to make things right and clear the air.

I knock on his door and enter the room, I see him sitting on his office chair on the phone with probably a business partner. He smiles and motions for me to come in, so I take a seat in the chair in front of his desk and wait for him to finish his phone call.  As I sit here, I take a look around his office, I've never really taken the time to notice the little things in this room. I noticed he liked bright colours since the room had a grey and bright yellow colour scheme. His glass ceiling to floor windows overlooked the city like my office, the difference was the level since his office was a few levels below mine.

"Perfect. It's great doing business with you Mr. Moore, Have a good day" he says and hangs up.

"Alex, what can I do for you?" he asks with a smile

"David, I just wanted to apologize about yesterday and what happened during dinner. I didn-" he cuts me off

"No need to apologize, I understand that it's hard. Don't worry about it" he says and gets up from his chair. I get up as well and he starts to walk me to the door.

I knew he was trying to push everything away because he saw Liam and I kiss, I wanted to make things right since that kiss really was a mistake.

I liked Liam, alot. But clearly as a friend. I don't think he sees me as anything more, especially since he works for me as my chauffeur. I didn't want to ruin a great friendship with Liam and didn't want to lose this opportunity with David.

I stop walking and grab his arm

"David, I want you to know that the kiss really didn't mean anything. It was a mistake. I was so caught up in the moment and stress and didn't know what I was thinking. I don't want you to have the wrong impression. I was really enjoying last night before everything happened, it was my first time out in months and you're actually a really nice guy. So I really hope we can go forward" I say as I look into his soft brown eyes.

He grabs my hands and smiles, "Alex, thank you for telling me how you feel. I really enjoyed last night as well and hope we can get to know eachother better"

Whoof. That went better than planned! "I'm glad, I actually wanted to ask if you would like to come accompany me to the gala this Friday?" I ask him

He wouldn't really be considered my 'date' since it would be very weird to bring  a date to my dead husband's memorial gala. It would be disrespectful to Ace as well. But I would love to have him accompany me, since it will be hard as is, it would be great to have someone I'm close with by my side.