Icy blue eyes

Alex's POV:

Alex's POV:

I park my car at Doctor Ashley's office and make sure I grab my bag which has my medicine in it. I was trying to remind my self to ask him about the refill on one of my sleeping meds.

I grab my stuff and make my way to the building. Pressing on the 12th floor, my phone starts to ring.

"Alex speaking" I answer

"Hey it's me," Sarah says

Sarah is one of my close friends from work who has helped me a lot these past few months. She was also helping out with the fundraising events

"Hey, what's up?" I ask

"I was just finalizing a few things then I remembered. You need a driver" she says

"why? I know how to drive and cars are not a worry. I have plenty parked in the garage" I answer

The elevator doors open and I exit walking into the office

"Ya but you need a driver to take you to the gala. You have to have one, it's more appropriate." She says

"Fine, I'll contact the agencies" I answer and say my goodbyes.

I take a seat in the waiting room and wait for my name to be called. I had received a call from Janice the secretary who told me that Dr. Ashley was running a bit behind schedule which is why they pushed my appointment time a bit back.

My name is called and I get up walking over to his office when a man who looked in his late 20's exists the room and passes by me. I wasn't able to take in much detail but something about him struck me. He looked surprised to see me. His light blue crystal eyes looked so familiar as they stared into mine. We locked eye contact for a brief moment as we walked by each other. I enter the office and I let out a breath of air that I was holding.

"Alex dear, are you ok?" Dr. Ashley asks me

I snap out of my daze

"Oh uh, yes I'm fine. Um, who was that?" I ask him

He stutters for a moment which isn't quite like him.

'H-hee's just a n-new patient" he says

"Oh ok" I answer

I tell him how everything has been since my last visit. I tell him that the charity event planning was helping me get my mind off things. I was doing much better than before. He gives me a new set of medications that were a little less strong than my usual ones.

"So what are your plans for this evening," He asks

"Nothing really, I just need to contact an agency and look for a new driver. Apparently I need one for the gala!" I answer with a laugh

"Busy woman I see, well take it easy and enjoy the rest of your day," he says

"Alright, well I'll talk to you soon, thank you, Dr. Ashley," I say and give him a hug before leaving the room.

I book a follow-up appointment with Janice for another 3 months and walk towards the elevator.

I see it about to close so I stop it from closing and hop in. I notice the man from earlier inside.

"Hi," I say quietly with a small smile

It takes me a few seconds to break the strong eye contact we were making. Something about him was familiar. But I swear I have never seen this person before, just those eyes.....

He doesn't say anything but just stares at me the whole elevator ride. I looked away not wanting it to be awkward but I felt his burning gaze. His hair was dark brown and looked fluffy. He had a clean shave and was wearing a sweater with jeans. He just, looked so familiar...

The elevator doors open and I immediately exit the elevator walking over to my car.

Well then, that was weird.....

I head home and finally enter the house.

"Molly, I'm home" I call out

I see her appear out of the kitchen with her apron on. The strong scent of something good hit my nose

"Mmm smells good," I say with my tummy rumbling

"Alex dear, how was your day," she asks me

I take off my shoes and coat walking to the stair

"It was fine" I answer

I walk up to the stairs to my room. Like always, I stop in front of Ace's old room and open the door taking a look around. It all still was the same. His violin was still in its case on the desk. I close the door and head over to my room where I change into sweatpants and a hoodie.

hey, I like to be comfortable too!

I grab my laptop and walk back down to the kitchen island as I wait for Molly to finish making dinner. I email a few agencies that Sarah had sent me regarding a driver and post the details.

Well, I hope I find one soon. The gala is only 2 weeks away....

Heyo!!!
Omg Alex felt like she new the guy in the elevator but she didn't at the same time! Mind blown 🤯
Ok so more to come
Happy reading
Bye for now 💋