Beautiful

Alex's POV

Alex's POV

New day. Waking up to this new day that will be great...I hope. I choose to wear my knitted white off the shoulder dress and pair it with brown heels. Letting my straight hair down, I grab my bag and head down the stairs.

In a rush, I run down the stairs quickly grabbing my coat and heading out the door. I was going to be late for my meeting that's supposed to start in 15 minutes.

"Morning Miss. Anderson" Liam says with a smile as he opens the car door for me to get in.

"Liam, floor it. We need to make it to Anderson tech in less than 10 minutes" I say

"You've got it, miss"

It's been a couple of days since Liam became my chauffeur. It feels a bit strange sitting in the back seat when I'd usually be behind the wheel. But seeing his icy blue eyes through the rear mirror made everything seem 'just' fine.

Right before we pulled up to the office, I got a call from my PA Sarah.

"Alex-" I cut her off.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes Sarah, just pulling up to the building," I say as I grab my purse.

"No Miss, I'm calling to inform you that the meeting has been cancelled. The other company had an emergency and had to cancel at the last minute. I apologize for the minor inconvenience" Sarah says

"Oh...Well, that will be just fine" I say with a sigh of relief.

At the sight of the rear mirror, Liam meets my eyes and questions, "Is everything alright Miss Anderson?"

"Uhm, yes. It appears we have some free time...Coffee?" I say with a slight smirk.

"You've got it," he says with a smile as he gassed the pedal.

...

I look outside the window as we drive off to this cute little cafe that I used to always go to when I worked at the hospital. So many memories it had... but yet I felt like a different person going there. Maybe it's because I am a different person.

As we continued driving, my eyes, distracted, couldn't help but gaze at his reflection in the mirror as well as his strong arms. Damn...he was sexyyyy.

He parks the car in front of the cafe. I grab my purse and get out of the car and head towards the door. I then noticed Liam was still sitting in the car and wasn't coming with me. I head back to the car and he rolls down his window.

"Is something wrong miss?" he asks

"Are you not coming down? Also... Liam, I told you, my name is Alex"

"Ok, Alex. Also, I thought I'd stay in here as your chauffeur?"

"Don't be silly, come on down, we have so much time. And you wouldn't want me sitting in there alone would you?" I tease him.

"Well if you insist," he says with a smile and follows me into the cafe

We order  2 cups of coffee and sit at a small booth near a window with the busy city streets as our view.

"Nice day, isn't it?" Liam says, initiating a conversation.

I look outside realizing that clouds were to come.

"Not anytime soon...looks like its gonna rain"

"Rain isn't always a bad thing...Y'know every storm comes a rainbow" he smiles

The server comes over and hands us our drinks.

It was silent for the first 3 minutes. I looked around the room and then at Liam who was already looking at me. I sip my drink, hiding behind it, blushing.

"So...Tell me Liam, how's your first couple of days been?" I ask

"Not bad, I don't mind driving a beautiful woman around the city"

Beautiful...was he just flirting with me?

"Well...Mr. Wilson, I'm glad that you're enjoying your job" I grin

Our eyes meet and we stare, unaware of our surroundings but ourselves. We took a long pause before I snap out of it, looking at the time.

"Oh um...we better get going. It's starting to rain and I wouldn't want that to be in the way."

"Alright Mis-I mean Alex," he says

I get out of my seat with a rush of excitement and relief. Not being careful, I trip over the legs of a nearby chair.

I felt myself falling as I closed my eyes preparing for an impact...But just before I hit the ground, I feel an arm wrap around my waist, pulling me back up on my feet.

"Huh..." I gasped, shocked by my own clumsiness. I look up realizing that Liam has caught me.

There was just something about his embrace that felt so familiar. My hand rested on his chest and arm, I felt his muscles and his heartbeat.

I look up at his face and he looks down at me

"You better be careful Alex. Wouldn't want you hurting yourself," he says with his deep soothing voice

I let out a little chuckle. "Thank you Liam"

We continue walking out of the cafe and he holds the door for me as we exit.

I give him a small smile and walk over to the car heading to work to officially start my day.

----
Hey yall.... since our world is facing a pandemic... I finally had the time to write again!

I am SOOOOOOOO sorry for taking soo long to update. BUT I promise... I have written many chapters and will be releasing as frequently as possible!

I hope you still continue Ace and Alex's journey as it will only be getting more interesting from here and on.

I Promise.
Love you all and happy reading
Bye for now 💋