𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝐼𝐼

y/n pov: 

I walked into my first class, quietly and quickly making my way over to my seat. Looking over at the empty seat to my left, I sighed, then looked over at the empty seat to my right. Nobody wanted to sit next to me. I was placed all the way in the back, of all my classes. I was fine with it. No one bothered me. The teachers knew better than to call on me. And, I didn't have to work with anyone. 

The bell rung and everyone flooded into the classroom.

 The teacher called off everyone's names, then stopped when she got to me, as she normally did. "Here." she said to herself as she checked of my name. The classroom door swung open, meaning someone walked in. I didn't look up.

Ahh...you must be our new student." The teacher said. "Yeah..."They said. I noticed his voice. It was the boy from the hall. "vinnie...hacker?" She asked looking down at her board. "Yup." He smiled. God, his smile was perfect.

 "Okay..You can sit next to Chris." She said. He looked at me, making eye contact. Then looked back at the teacher, smiling. 

"Is it okay if I sit back there?" He asked pointing towards me. My breath hitched in my throat and I froze as everyone looked back at me.

 "Uhh...uhm are you sure?" She asked looking uneasy. "I'm positive." He smiled and made his way over to me. I looked down and fiddled with my fingers, shakily breathing. He sat in the desk to my right, looking over at me. The whole class turned back around as the teacher started talking again. 

"I don't think we've formally met. My name is vinnie hacker. I'm new here." He said in a low voice, loud enough so I'd hear him. I shifted awkwardly and smiled a little. He held out his hand, and I looked at it. I looked from his hand to him. I raised my shaky hand, shaking his slowly. Then I pulled it quickly back down to my side. He smiled and looked towards the front of the classroom

. I knew this wasn't going to last forever. He is new, that's all. He will eventually hear all the things people say about me, and then he'll think I'm a creep.

"So today we will be finishing the project. You can go sit with your partner." The teacher dismissed as everyone got up. I watched as emily, the class bitch, walked over to vinnie  with a big smile on her face. "Hey, hacker. Want to be my partner?" She asked trying to be sexy. He

 looked at her awkwardly, "Uh..n-no. I'm fine." She placed her hand on his, "Are you sure?" 

"I'm uh..I'm working with her." He said pointing towards me. Nichole chuckled and scoffed, 

"The silent freak. Good luck. She hasn't peeped a word her entire life." "Sure she has. She talked to me this morning." He said confused

."Yeah. Okay. Whatever, you aren't that cute anyway." She said walking away. He turned to me, only to see I was already walking out of the classroom. I did this every time we had a project. The teachers were always kind enough to just pass me. I walked quickly down the hall, towards the back doors. The lunch area was usually empty at this time, and I had a nice spot in the corner.

 Hearing vinnie call me made me stop, turning around. "Hey! Hey wait up!" He yelled as he pulled his backpack on. I kept walking until he grabbed my wrist. I let out a cry of pain, pulling my injured wrist away.

 "S-sorry." He said. I had sprained my wrist. It wasn't my fault though.my Father stepped on it really hard. "Are you okay?" He question looking at me. He squinted due to the bright sun. I slowly nodded, then kept walking. He followed me, a little behind.

 "W-What's your name?" He asked. I sat down, him sitting across from me. I looked up at him, then quickly back down. "...y/n." I whispered. He smiled, "That's a beautiful name. It suits you." I smiled lightly.

 "So, why don't you speak?" He asked. I sighed quietly, then shrugged. "Why...why are you being so....nice?" I asked, surprising myself. I felt like I could talk to him. And that scared me

"Because. You look like an amazing person." He smiled. "I'm ..not." I muttered. "What happened to you?" He asked looking me up and down. I played with my fingers again. 

"I..uh....." I just shrugged. For some reason, my throat hurt when I spoke. "I know this sounds crazy cause we only just met, but you can talk to me..." He said softly.

 I sighed, then let it all out to a boy I just met. When I was finished, he had tears in his eyes. And I hadn't realized it, but I was crying. He placed his hands on mine, making me jump a little. "I'm so sorry.." He whispered.

 I shook my head, pulling my hands away and wiping my tears. "You are the only person I have ever told that to. Like ever." I said. "Can I promise something?" He asked.

 I looked up at him, then nodded slowly. "From this day on...I promise to prefect you. To keep you safe and happy. To make sure nobody hurts you." He said. I smiled lightly, 

"Thank you." "Come on..let's get to class." He said. We stood up and he grabbed my hand as we walked back into the building. The bell rang and the halls flooded with kids. They stepped to the side as we walked by, hand in hand. I kept my head down, scared of what was to come. "Really, hacker. That's what you chose. Your first day here and you chose that thing?" emily asked.

 "Yeah, is there a problem with that?" vinnie  asked. I put all my strength into squeezing his hand, and he whipped his head around to look at me. I shook my head and pulled him in the opposite direction, but he didn't move

. "Why don't you keep your opinions to yourself from now on, huh?" He said staring at emily with a mean look. I gasped quietly, trying harder to pull him away. But he was stronger than me, and he didn't budge

. "And that goes for everyone. Leave y/n  alone." He said. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy. I wouldn't blame them. I still think he is crazy for even looking at me. He finally followed me as we walked to the lunch line.

 "I'm keeping my promise." He said smiling lightly. I knew, in that moment, that I would be safe. That I would feel loved and feel protected like I had when my parents were around 

vinnie hacker was my guardian angel.