Chapter 3

Chapter 3: The Protagonist's fashionably late Grand Entrance

    The Dating Sim game that I played in my past life both catered to males and females. The Dating Sim has two protagonists that you can select. A male and female one.

If you choose the female protagonist, the available capture target is male. If you choose the male protagonist, the capture targets are females. In the dating sim game, If you choose the female protagonist, the female capture targets became the Villainess and love rivals. The same also goes for the male protagonist.

Arcturus Pendragon was one of the capture targets for the female protagonist. And he was also one of the love rivals of the Male Protagonist. As for his friend 'Marlins Emil', he was both a capture target and a love rival for the Female Protagonist. According to the sources in the wiki on my past life. I haven't confirmed it myself, since I have only played the Male Protagonist.

Emil Marlins approached us with a bright smile on his face.

" Arctur! How many times do I tell you that you should call me by my first name Emil? It's such a pain that you are so formal! "

Arcturus become a little nervous when he was called fondly by 'Emil' by a nickname. I can feel that he was forcing himself to calm down as he muttered to his friend.

" Sorry. "

Emil Marlins then turned his gaze to me smiling.

" I see that my friend Arcturus has made a new acquaintance. "

He looks so friendly.

" My name is Emil Marlins, It's pleasure to meet you. "

I accepted the offered hand and shook them. Just like Arcturus, he has a firm grip.

" Thazael Voothcraft, your classmate. It's nice to meet you. "

Not really.

Exchanging pleasantries with this person. I can already feel my mind screaming in fear and revulsion. Despite, his amicable and friendly smile. Deep inside, I know what kind of person he is. A cold and heartless pretender.

" Oh? Well, well, well. Isn't that such a pleasant thing? I didn't know that you are my classmate. It's such surprising information. Nonetheless, I'm happy to make an acquaintance with you. "

I nodded my head slightly. And feel surprised when he patted my back. Later, I would make sure to check the coat for curses. There was still the entrance ceremony and the introduction of each teacher by subjects and some lessons.

Emil Marlins sat beside Arcturus on the right. While I am on the left side. Emil pulled Arcturus for some conversation and the latter gladly talk with his friend. It was just a few minutes later that Arcturus noticed me being silent while they are enjoying talking to each other.

The poor guy apologizes. Yet I didn't feel offended. I was busy occupying my attention with the surroundings when they are talking. I was keeping watch around and looking for some 'people' and familiarizing myself with their appearance. And when I was familiar with their real-life appearance, I would avoid those people as possible.

Yet as the name of the Academy implies, it would only be a daydream. I couldn't avoid those people. Take Emil Marlins for example. And looking at my list of classmates in the Pamphlet, my current goal of avoiding those types of people was impossible.

" Are you really fine? We don't want you to feel left out in the conversation. "

Arcturus questioned again. He looks worried. I can tell that it was a genuine expression unlike the variety of expressions that flash on his friend's face. We just met and he was already worried for me. He was that type of guy. A person that you would find in those stories. Kind and Caring. A justice type of guy. The Hero who saves everyone in need. A Goody two shoes. After this, I would avoid him as possible. I would like this to be our first and last meeting.