Chapter 29

AN: Fuck... I am feeling lethargic and suffering from insomnia this day. Lacking sleep sucks and fuck my brain for thinking it was alright to sleep around 11:00 pm and then wake up at around 3:00 am. I can't even feel not anxious or worried when I don't eat my favorite food just to alleviate my concerns about stuff for a moment.

Chapter 29: Rising Reputation

Within the first day of May, The rankings of all of the students of the Daydream Academy are already concluded. The Highest Ranked students are put on a high pedestal while the weakest were already preparing for the worst experience that they would experience in Daydream Academy.

Bullying, Alienation, Being a lackey of someone stronger than them, etc. It's a dog-eat-dog world.

Literally.

For the weakest students, there was the risk of being eaten by someone stronger than them. It was also more prominent if the weakest was discovered by a human. And then it was expected that their life would be living hell in the daydream academy until they cease to exist within it.

And as for the people in the middle of the rankings, they are ignored or strived to be better within the next competition aiming for a higher rank. And those beings at the top, strive to maintain their rankings and prove that they were the strongest.

The 1st day of May is very lively. Some students are engrossed in the hype of the competition. But there were also those people who can't stop their leering gazes at me.

Strongest, Weakest, or a Normie.

I don't belong in those either 3 categories.

Being Unranked... It makes the student of Daydream Academy a pain in my ass.

The incident regarding Echidna has made it to all of the students of Daydream Academy. And I know that my classmate Lucien Morningstar has ended up defeating Echidna. After that, she was taken by Orion who was the leader of the Hunter Association.

As I left the boy dorm earlier without Gary Stu's company, when I made it to the daydream academy, I can't help but notice the people who were surrounding me. People who I happened to pass by and those people who were talking to each other.

Their eyes were on me.

And it left me with cold dread that makes my body shiver. Even avoiding their gazes didn't seem to work. As I know that there were still those people whose gazes were lingering on me.

I arrive at the 1-S classroom with my head kept down and feeling cold sweat all over my body. When I arrive at the classroom, I thought that I would be spared the gazes, but I wasn't. From the start of the first subject and to the end of the last subject, I felt the gazes of my classmates.

I tried to make some small talk to Gary Stu and focus on the classes. But Gary was more subdued today and didn't even talk much.

I tried to talk to him about the class subjects and if there was some girl who pique his interest, Mary Sue and Magic. We didn't talk about the weather. It was common sense to don't talk about the weather to make the conversation not awkward and stale.

At the end of the last subject, some of my classmate's gaze was still on me. I was filled with cold dread. I know that Gary Stu and the others didn't provide me with all of the events that happened while I was unconscious.

But I still know that the information that I have provided to Echidna ended up making her crazy.

I thought that I would distract her at that time. I was also hoping that it would work since I was so very desperate to keep myself alive and don't end up as an appetizer for her husband.