Chapter 5

Chapter 5: There is something wrong with these two protagonist

     This must be a big freaking joke...

    " Excuse me? "

    After arriving at the Clinic, we instantly informed the staff that was in the clinic of what happened in the entrance ceremony.

  It wasn't a long time that we have spent in the clinic before the two protagonists regained their consciousness and wake up.

Despite being cliche, I expected that the 2 unfortunate protagonists would lose their memories and have the cliche amnesia going on with them.

Yet, as I listen to them. I couldn't help but feel that the world must be bullshitting with me right now.

" Could you please repeat it? "

Whitney Frost, the 1st volunteer asked. The girl was polite and kind as she asked the 2 protagonists that she didn't mishear hearing their names.

The 2 protagonists nodded their heads.

" I am Y/N. "

The female protagonist said her name first.

" And I am Y/N. "

Followed by the male protagonist.

" There was no mistaking it. " Emil shook his head as he look at the two protagonists. " It looks like that we can't all hear their true name. "

" Then.. they are... " Dawn Easter muttered. Finding it hard to believe as she stared at the two with curiosity, interest, and wonder.

Various reactions were garnered for all of the people that we're currently in the clinic. Arcturus was worried for the 2 people who woke up and somehow lose their memories and can only remember their names.

As for me, there must be maybe some mistake. Everyone has heard that they heard blank and nothing when the 2 protagonists have told their name. Just like what was written in the plot of the dating sim game.

As for me, I did hear it very clearly. It wasn't blank and nothing.

Why the hell did I hear their name as some sort of Reader Insert?!

Y/N... Y/N... Are you freaking kidding me?

" For some unknown and unbelievable reason... They couldn't tell they're the true name to. "

Clea Philo narrowed her eyes at the two confused protagonists. Her voice makes me get out of my inner freak out at something like a ridiculous matter.

" It was a very suspicious matter, yet I could tell that they are telling the truth and being genuine... They have indeed lost their memories. "

" How unfortunate. " Jester is smiling. " That they lose their memories and couldn't tell they're true names to us. " Despite his words, he doesn't sound mournful or sympathetic for the 2 protagonists' plight.

I turned my gaze at the 2 protagonists. Being transported to another world– similar yet parallel to their own... Falling into the sky... Waking up and had amnesia and couldn't even say their true names... It wasn't truly hard to understand why they would look so confused and afraid.

Clap

We turned our heads to where the noise came from. The doctor of the clinic flushed from the attention being given to her.

" Uh... I have an idea, students. Since you are all here at the academy bearing fake names. Since they would be also a student, How about the two abiding by the rules of this school? "

" Rules? " " Fake names? "

I heard the two scripted responses coming out from the 2 protagonists at the scripted dialogue of the doctor.

" A reasonable statement. " Clea Philo stared at the two confused protagonists. " Very well.... what should we call you two? "

" Umm... I don't have a clue about what is going on. " The female protagonist muttered.

She looks so unsure and afraid when she said those words. Her grip on the blanket was tightening. On the other bed, the male protagonist nodded at her statement.

" Would it be okay... If we would be the ones to choose our name? "

She stared at us with her purple doe eyes. She looks so cute. Like a very afraid white rabbit.

... What the hell I am thinking to her? As I am having another internal dilemma again. Jester approached the female protagonist and patted her head.

" It isn't like that there is one saying no, isn't it? "

He said at her. The female protagonist squeaked at being touched all of a sudden. She was startled and surprised. But then she smiled and agreed.

" Yes! Thank you Jester-san "

I could feel my heart flutter at the sight of the bright smile. Even though it wasn't directed at me. As expected, of a Protagonist. A smile was deadly and a destructive weapon in her hands.

Jester looks surprised by the smile. But then he replied with an amused expression on his face. It was an expression that I doesn't want to see coming from this person.

" I am glad to be of help. So what should we address you, Miss? "

The female protagonist paused. Then she turned to look at the male protagonist who was also thinking of a name. Yet, I really couldn't tell what is the male protagonist expression right now. His eyes were being covered by his hair after all. He has the hairstyle that you would commonly see in the Anime cliche. It was the hairstyle of the ero protagonist.

As for the female Protagonist, she has the hairstyle of the short-haired rejected squad. Finally, after a few moments of contemplation, she started talking again.

" I think...  You can call me Mary Sue. "

Say what?!

What the heck is with that name?! I turned to look at her. She was smiling and looked so earnest with her answer.

It must be a mistake...

While I was having that kind of thought I have another dilemma that I needed to worry about again.

" Gary Stu. "

I turned to look at the male Protagonist. I can't see the expression beneath his pervert hairstyle. But if these scary guys aren't around me right now. I want to shout and ask him loudly if he was really serious with that name!

" I will be called Gary Stu from now on. "

Damn it...

" Are you alright Voothcraft-san? "

Beside me, Arcturus asked me sounding worried. I just shook my head. Sigh, I guess this would be a thing from now on.

After that, it was completely decided the female protagonist alias is Mary Sue while the male protagonist is called Gary Stu. The 'people' don't appear to have any problems with the fake names of the 2 amnesiac protagonist.

I think ... These 2 protagonist has a screw loose in their heads.