Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Cooperation with a prince of hell

         For the 2nd week Monday of May, Merlin would never think that he would come upon a strange sight.

Entering the classroom, was Thazael Voothcraft and Lucien Morningstar walking side by side. They then stopped near the entrance. Thazael was smiling slightly at Lucien as the latter whispered something to him. The smile on his face has grown a little more. After that, Thazael then walks toward his seat and greeted Gary Stu who hesitantly returned the greeting.

   " Did you see that, Marlin?  D'Aulnoy? "

Ozpin asked muttering as if he can't believe what he have just witnessed.

Lucien and Thazael enter the classroom together smiling side by side like long-time friends.

" Yes, we have seen Ozpin. "

D'Aulnoy, reply with the lack of her usual bite and sarcasm in her voice.

" We weren't blind. But what we have seen was almost like high-grade illusion magic. "

Merlin then pondered the implications of Lucien Morningstar and Thazael Voothcraft being friendly toward each other.

Lucien Morningstar. A Devil and 100% related to the first-morning star himself. A descendant?

Merlin was unsure. But Devils like Lucien wouldn't suddenly become buddy-buddy with someone unless it would benefit them.

One thing was for certain. Lucien Morningstar and Thazael Voothcraft have entered into a contract. A powerful devil that came from a prestigious devil bloodline and Thazael was a very powerful wildcard.

It was a match made in hell to have these two working together dallying. A thing that should never happen. Leaving everyone blindsided and waiting for the consequences that this likely cooperation would bring forth in the future.

-----------------------

           After the classes, I found myself spending my time in Lucien's room at the boy's dormitory.

A few distances away from me, Lucien Morningstar has his eyes closed off and ears blocked off. He has also his ears and senses blocked off so he wouldn't hear any sound.

He was in his monster form which has started to become a familiar sight to me since our deal was made on Saturday A pair of black wings, pair of curled horns on the side of his head, and a sharp tail that I wouldn't don't touch if I don't want to get killed.
After a few seconds of staring, Lucien finally gestured his finger. I took that as a sign to cast my 'Eden Spell'.

" This world is a simulation game. "

I muttered those words as I watched Lucien. I look for any signs of discomfort and after a while, he didn't show any signs of going crazy.

I was relieved.

Thank God, he didn't turn crazy just like what happened with Echidna.

Minutes Later, Lucien then opened his odd pair of golden and crimson eyes and murmured a spell.

" How is it? "

I asked Lucien. He thoughtfully looks at me before answering.

" It feels strange.  I have since you used an Eden. Hmmm... It is more like a Qlippoth Eden than Sefirot Eden.."

Qlippoth? Sefirot?

Lucien must be seeing my confusion as he looks at me in disbelief before scoffing.

" Unbelievable... So you don't know what are Qlippoth and Sefirot? Do you even know that there are 2 types of Eden? "

Right now, I'm confused. This info isn't in the original game at all.

" So, those two are those? "

" Yes. Qlippoth is Eden which causes harmful effects while Sefirot causes positive effects. "

Looking at me in disdain, Lucien asked.

" You and whoever taught you to cast an Eden must be quite talented if you didn't even know the basics of it. Have you been living under the rock the whole time? "

Shrugging, I answered.

" I have been living in the surface world. "

Since I was a bonafide human.

" You're family and you are pretending to be human? "

Lucien asked incredulously. His conclusion about me and my family (which wasn't real) somehow managed to offend him.

" I can't understand why you are living in the surface world. Is it because there are a lot of people in the surface world? "

I didn't answer his question. I can't answer him that I am a human just like the rest of those humans living in the surface world. It wouldn't go well.

Even if Lucien have told me that I am disgusting and he was very picky and choosy when it comes to eating souls, I don't know if he would feed me to other demons or monsters if he found that I am a human.

" You're family must be formidable for you to keep feeding yourselves, humans. How have you managed to keep yourself out of the Hunter Organization?  "

Other hunting mythological beasts, it was also the job of hunter organization to kill monsters who endangered the human world. The Church which was under the command of the Angels the other hand was responsible for killing demons, vampires, werewolves, and ghosts in the surface world.

My family is formidable. But I know that Lucien must be speaking about a different kind of being formidable than what I am thinking.

He and I are on different wavelengths.

Lucien then continued with his unrealistic assumptions.

" But the leader of the Organization is a weakling. Hmph! He can't kill your family at all. What a pathetic hunter. Is that what Zeus' child amounted to? "

Oi! Oi! Oi! Lucien why are you spouting nonsense?! Orion is a dangerous guy! My family is just normal humans. Also, don't let Zeus hear your nonsense! Most of the Olympian Gods are petty. And he is among the top of them and the top when it comes to being a lustful and horny fuckboy.

Even if you are a powerful devil and one of the candidates for being the Emperor of Hell, with your current state, Zeus can defeat you right now.

And even if you are part of the most prestigious devil family and bloodline, Lucien's position in hell is currently precarious.

3 years from now on, A new emperor of hell must be selected again.

72 Demon bloodlines... Candidates for the upcoming new emperor of hell again. Lucien has a lot of competitors for his goal to become the new emperor of hell.