Chapter 17

Chapter 17: The Heroine's Goals and Determination

     As a human being, it was hard to live in the Daydream Academy. Prejudice and Discrimination are rampant among the students. But it wasn't what she was supposed to pay attention to or a thing that she needed to be cautious about. What was Mary Sue needed to pay attention to was not ending up as a meal in the academy.

Despite being dubbed as one of the 'Chosen Ones' and being forbidden to be eaten as established by Solomon as a sort of protection, there were those beings who dismissed and challenge Solomon's Authority.

Since it was forbidden, some of them thought that it would taste better and be more fulfilling right? Just thinking of some of the people who approached her with those intentions made her quiver with fear and feel her stomach turning queasy.

At first, Mary Sue was optimistic about the Academy and the monsters here. But as she slowly gets familiar, her optimistic outlook has lessened.

It was better if she didn't trust most of the monsters and only talk to those who she can guarantee to not eat her. Even her fellow humans, aren't someone she can trust. As she spent her days here as a student, Mary Sue didn't forget to listen to the advice of that person.

" You shouldn't stay ignorant of your current position. What you are missing right now is the details. Search for knowledge and information. And I can guarantee that having useful information may be able to help you and save your life in the future. "

Even she can't trust him because of his identity, Mary Sue still followed his advice. She has driven herself to search for knowledge and information that she thought to be useful. And while attending as a student in this strange place, it wasn't bad to learn and study the things that they thought here as a student.

The professors appeared to be unbothered and indifferent to the situation, so Mary Sue took it as a good sign and felt that the professors are doing their duties to just teach the students here. Thought it also appeared as a con since they only teach and didn't have any intention to stop the students when it comes to their troubles and problems.

The way the other students were treating her– as food for their selfish political agendas, made Mary Sue burn with determination to learn more. She also saw the need to become strong to protect herself from those monsters and take care of that person who was also in the same circumstances as her.

Learning magic, how to fight and use weapons. Every day, she was filled with determination. Even when the classes ended, she would start training her mind and body. If she can't find people who are willing to teach her, then she just needs to remember the words of the instructors. If those two things aren't available, then maybe she could find something from the book.

" Hiya!! "

She would become strong that no one would dare to think that she was food or a useful tool for their self gains.

" Hiya! Take this idiot! I am not a FOOD!! "

Staring at the scene of the heroine continuously kicking the dummy made of metal in the practice room, Jester who was a student in Class 1-B couldn't help but feel a shiver on his body.

He didn't expect that someone like Mary Sue, a cute and shy girl would turn into something like this in just a span of a few weeks. Where did that sweet girl go? She still appeared polite and nice when he visited her in their classroom since they weren't classmates. When he would initiate a conversation with Mary Sue, the latter would respond to the topics that she find interesting and take an initiative to ask questions after.

He never thought that a frail and sweet-looking girl like Mary Sue would turn out something like this.

" Hiya! You Jerks!! "

Continuously, Jester can only feel cold right now. There was a feeling of numbness and hollowness on his body as he watched Mary Sue repeatedly kick the metal dummy and not feel any pain from it. Rather than feeling in pain, she would become more enthusiastic about kicking the practice dummy.

Since this is a monster academy, it wasn't unusual if there are people who have a very strong physical body. The academy which caters to unusual and monsters aren't lacking in that area.

But the scene that was unraveled before him, hasn't something to do with those people. Mary Sue– A normal human who is given the 'glorious title' as one of the chosen ones... Jester only thought that it was just a title. A glorified title that wasn't anything useful when it comes to defending your identity.

Even though there are people who ignore the status of Mary Sue and decide to mock or harass her, if they saw this scene in front of him, they may have decided to retreat now.

The metal practice dummy wasn't made of ordinary metal. It was imbued with magic and inlaid with a regeneration spell that allows it to regenerate for a few seconds after it was damaged.

At first, the kick Mary Sue wasn't enough to damage the metal practice dummy, but as days passed by, she became better and stronger than before. The Mary Sue of today was different from the Mary Sue of before.

" Hyah! Take that!! "

With one kick, the part of the metal practice that she kicked is damaged instantly. The time when she would kick the dummy was enough for it to recover, but after recovering instantly, it would be damaged again.

Maybe, some days later, the metal practice dummy wouldn't be able to keep up with her.

Even though Jester has supposed to be used to this scene, he would still feel cold and numb. Every day that he stared at the scene of Mary Sue kicking the metal practice dummy, he would feel mentally tired and feel his soul sucked out of his body.

He would involuntarily clamp his legs together as if he was the one who was being constantly kicked in that certain part of the body. As someone who has seen many cruel and gruesome situations in this world, maybe it was time for him to seek out therapy for his comfort but not for his insanity.

Later, Mary Sue finished her daily practice and give Jester a bright smile on her face.

" Thank you for waiting for me again, Jessan! "

" It's nothing... "

Jester returned the smile with a shaky grin.

If Thazael would witness this scene, he would think that there was something wrong with his eyes. The boss of one of the most dangerous secret organizations acting so meek? If someone have said that to him, then he would instantly spout "Bullshit!"

But maybe he would be also convinced of the submission once he saw one of the Heroine's training routines every day. And then he would look between the male and female protagonist dubiously.

Somehow, due to certain advice from someone, the shoujo heroine would turn into a shounen protagonist. She has already taken the steps on the cliche training arc.