Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Deal

           On the first week of May, the lessons for the 1st year students of Daydream Academy we're threading deeper in difficulty. During the first month, lessons were light and there weren't several workloads assigned to the students.

But at the first week of May, you could hear the complaints and annoyance of some students during lunch or breaks. For pure theory subjects, the workloads are compiled off essays, research and calculations.

For the Practical subjects, the professors require hands practical and demonstrations.

It was tiring and exhausting.

Slumping my head on the table within the corner of the Daydream Academy library. I couldn't help myself from groaning my frustration. Placing my left hand on my forehead, I attempted to try and massage away my metaphorical headache.

Of course it didn't work. Fuck essays, fuck research and homework. Fuck all those practical disgusting experiments and hands off magic demonstration.

" I'm tired... "

I really hope that someone could help me with my workload.. I hate math.

Where is Gary Stu when you needed him?

While I am complaining inside my head and missing the presence of the reliable male protagonist (even with amnesia both the male and female protagonist are fucking exceptional in making essays, doing research and solving calculations), I didn't expect someone to respond to me.

" Then you should go back to the dorm, fool. "

Startled, I look up and froze.

There was a pair an odd pair of golden and crimson eyes which was staring at me with calmly. 

" Is that how you face my presence? Would you remain slumped your head on the table Thazael Voothcraft? "
Feeling uncomfortable, I decided to adjust my posture and properly sit on the chair and face the unexpected appearance of one of my classmates.

" Good afternoon, Morningstar is there something that you need? "

Lucien Morningstar, one of class 1-S students and my classmate decided to sit on the chair which was place opposite on my chair. Frowning he left the chair and distance it away from the table. The tip end of the chair made some friction on the floor. It resulted on that grating and annoying sound like those piece of chalk being dragged slowly from the board.

The sound that I hated the most in the world.

He then went back to sitting on the chair and he slumped on it while bringing his the end of his feet on the table with his legs crossed. He has still his evernew and polished black shoes and daydream academy uniform pants on. A few seconds later, he left the chair again.

A sigh escaped me after that.

Standing and gazing in the chair, he snapped his left thumb and index finger together. The modern looking chair change into a throne chair adorned with skulls, horns and there were devil wings design on them. Lucien narrowed his eyes at the seat. He place his right palm at the seat and close his eyes for a little bit. His lips raise up a little and there was a satisfaction within his odd pair of golden and crimson eyes. He sat in a lazy posture and brought his feet at the table again.

I was suddenly reminded of interesting tidbit about my classmate. Lucien Morningstar other than being a prideful person, he was someone who was picky and choosy when it comes to everything. He took time with things and a lot of decisions.

" Is Morningstar or my given name more important to you? "

I thought that the hype and rumors regarding me have calmed down since most of the students are busy. Gary Stu is definitely one of those students since he hasn't time to accompany me lately or he was now starting to proceed in his relationship with other students.

It seems that I am wrong. For Lucien Morningstar to approach someone willingly, there must be something that he wants from them. The only thing that I can think was regarding the incident.

" Well? I am waiting Thazael Voothcraft. "

With a snap of his fingers, an ice cream appeared on his hand. He then started eating them.

" Ah.. I apologized.. "

I said as I stared with a complicated expression at Lucien. After thinking a little bit, I answered his question.

" Morningstar is more important than your given name. "

The odd eyes glowed a little bit before it disappeared.

" Should I get angry? Thazael Voothcraft? But you are indeed correct in your answer and didn't stroke and flatter my ego. But I would prefer if you address me by my given name given to me by Uncle Monmon. "

Uncle monmon? Solomon? I didn't know that him and Lucien we're close. It was mentioned in the game that the Solomon of this world and our principal has connections in both heaven and hell. But currently, at this time, Solomon shouldn't be interfering in hell's matters anymore.

" Okay. So what do you need Lucien-san? "

Lucien were biting the cone of the ice cream before he answered.

" I want you to make a deal with me, Thazael Voothcraft! "

Hearing the arrogant declaration, I instantly know the answer.

" No. "

Lucien then remove his feet from the table and left from the seat. He pounded the table with both of his hands, the table broke and disintegrated to ashes despite the best magic enhancements or protections that the professors or Solomon have applied.

" Why? "

One of the most powerful person asked like a petulant child.

" I can sense your desperation since the last few days, it's coming waves off from you despite your appearance remaining as disgusting and unapproachable as ever. Even I am in the opposite corner of the classroom from your seat, I can sense it. Even if you are in the opposite side of the island! Thazael Voothcraft you are desperate to finish your workloads. How about we make a deal? "

I stared at the eager and excited expression coming from Lucien. This person in front of me is a devil. Known for their contract making deals and exchange for something. Usually, a human soul. High ranking devils has the ability to sense their possible customers, client's or victims in their business/scam deals.

Smiling a little, I asked.

" What do you need? "

" Information about Eden or Someone who can teach me an Eden. "

I can feel the smile on my face going a little wider.

" Sure, let's make a deal Lucien-san. "

" Really? "

He asked with an eager expression.

" Yes, as long as you do my written workloads for my 1st to 3rd year starting to this day. "

" Deal! Wait! I need a parchment first! The best parchment that ever exist and something I could find! "

Snapping his hands again, Lucien disappeared leaving me alone in this corner of the library.

There was relief on my eyes since I have 1 less classmate or monster that I don't need to worry about being eaten.

Lucien called me disgusting!

I feel that I would nearly cry in happiness.

This is probably one of the my best days since I started attending this Academy.