Chapter 32

Chapter 32: Guardian Gods

    In a separate dimension from the Surface and Mystical world, there exists a plane where a benevolent being lives.

The name of the Extradimensional plane is currently a secret. Invoking the name of this place would allow the beings who lived here to be found by their enemies.

But even its name is spoken. Its name wasn't enough to describe this plane. It consists of endless forests, vast empty oceans, and various cities with unique features. Each of those cities is ruled by what the inhabitants of this place called the Guardian Gods.

Protectors and Lords of the Cities. And at the center of this plane, the capital– the ever-benevolent leader of the Guardian Gods lived in a crystal palace. In the crystal palace, the head of the Guardian Gods constantly keeps a supply of time clocks in his great chamber. Artifacts that transcend time and space.

At this moment, the head of the Guardian Gods isn't here to introduce his home. He was in his abode to discuss something important to his fellow Guardian Gods and including the ones who weren't residing in this place of dimension.

Currently, in the center of his crystal palace, he and his fellow guardian gods have gathered. They were in a very enormous vault chamber. In the center of the chamber was an enormous circular crystalline-looking glass.

" My dear friends, welcome once again to my humble abode. "

A being with giant bat wings and golden eyes– this is the head of the guardian gods.

" As you as well dear friend. "

A wizened old man replied. There was a black crow on his shoulder.

In total, there are 9 beings in the strange vault chamber.

" Should we start the discussion? "

A lady with a cat head asked. Everyone agreed with her statement.

" The discussion shall commence. "

The being with the bat wings said. After that, one of the beings in the room, the one with red poppies as his crown has spoken.

" Then, I shall start first with the matters that I want to bring forward. My associate and informant have told me of the recent events that happened with Daydream Academy... "

As he told those words, the other beings have their piqued. The place established by the once-king of the Holy Land would always garner some interest.

And since its establishment, many interesting things have happened at Daydream Academy, and many factions and powers representatives attended the daydream academy.

A place of underhanded politics, transactions, hidden powers, organizations hiding within, and trouble– that's what their impression of the daydream academy is.

" Do tell us, friend. What has your informant gathered? "

A woman with a sun headdress beckoned with a smile.

" As you wish. Your fellow sun deity has informed us that it was confirmed that Edmund Carter has indeed survived the onslaught of an Eden Incident. One of his current descendants has confirmed to have used a Qlippoth Eden. "

After being with a poppy crown informed the other beings in the room, there was a grim silence.

A human using an Eden. It has never been good news for them. What was more worrying was that this descendant of Edmund Carter was using a Qlippoth Eden.

" Hmmm.. "

A man with a long black beard pondered. He was stroking his beard when he asked.

" We just recently heard of the human Edmund Carter surviving the Eden Incident. Now, a descendant of him is using a Qlippoth Eden... Since we just learned of it recently. Did his family find a way to control and harness Eden safely? "

The lady with a cat head shook her head.

" No. It's impossible. If it was like that, we should have learned and detected them using an Eden. There was a possibility that this current descendant of Edmund Carter is the only one who can harness Eden in their family.. "

As her cat eye pupils turned to slits, she says

" Sooner or later, humans who harness Edens would end up dangerous not only for the others but themselves. There would never be a human who can control an Eden. They would always end up corrupted. "

The other beings agreed with her statement. There has never been a human who wasn't corrupted.

" This time, we should prevent corruption from happening. We shall have the descendant of Edmund Carter killed. "

The being with a poppy crown frowned at the suggestion.

" The human currently shows mild signs of corruption like being seen as unsettling by the monsters and humans alike in the Academy. It is still mild, do we have to have him killed? If Solomon learned of this situation, he would be displeased. "

The wizened man scoffed.

" He's an ungrateful fool! We are helping him to prevent corruption in the mystic and surface world! We have once helped him in sealing the corrupted morning star! He should be glad that we are helping him keep his territory safe where he doesn't seem to be concerned with the recent deaths and disappearances happened. "

There are other voices of agreement from the other beings. The poppy-crowned being sighed.

The being with bat wings and golden eyes stepped forward and declare to his fellow guardian gods.

" Then we shall have Edmund Carter's current descendant killed to prevent his further corruption and the surface world. We shall prevent the descent of our enemies. We shall have the descendant's head on a silver platter, for the sanctity of this world. "

The head guardian god's voice boomed in the strange vault chamber. The being with the bat wings and golden eyes stepped further forward to the circular-looking glass and touched its surface.

It then started glowing. And the chimes of several grandfather clocks chiming at different paces could be heard in the strange vault. The chimes of the clock started chiming faster and faster until all of them started ringing.

From the gigantic circular-looking glass, a young man suddenly fell forward, and the head guardian god catches him with his appendages.

The young man then opened his eyes and come face to face with the head guardian god. He then chooses to immediately close his eyes grimacing and groaning in exasperation.

" What it is again? And why the heck I am young again? Can't you just let me and your daughter spend our time together in peace? "

" I apologize, little crow. But there's a mission in the surface world that you could only solve. "

" What don't you just solve the problems yourselves? "

" We're afraid that finding a vessel for us a very difficult and impossible. And even if there would be a vessel, we can't have our enemies sense our location and force themselves to the surface world. It would be a catastrophic result. "

The lady with a cat head snorted. There was an amused expression on her face.

" Fuck... Old man, you are always against me marrying your daughter. It was suspicious of you to suddenly accept our love for each other.  The recent decades have shown me that you accepted our love not because you started to approve of us but for me to be your eternal weapon and errand boy. "

Sighing, the young man untangled himself from the guardian god's clutches.

" What do you want me to do? "

" Little crow.. "

" Tell me your order so I can complete my mission as soon as possible. "

" Then, I want you to kill a human Eden User. A descendant of Edmund Carter. Someone who was currently a student at Daydream Academy. "

With a sigh, the poppy crowned being told him.

" His name is Hazael Carter. But he was currently known as Thazael Voothcraft. "