Chapter 20

Myoui Mina's POV.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He said.

"WHAT?! It's my fault now? Why didn't I tell you? Why? Where were you?"

"I'm really sorry but can you please hear me out?" I glared at him and waited him to speak. "I stole all those files because my dad threatened me that he'll kill your mom just like what your parents did." He sighed. "I left because I was so scared. That my father will hurt you so I promised myself that when I finally have every guts, I will come back. When I finally feel confident I can protect you, I'll come back. I'm sorry if it's just now. If you think it's late. I am sorry."

"You're getting married so why did you come back?" I asked.

"That's my dad's punishment for coming back but I swear Mina." He held my hand. "I will turn my back on everything just not to lose you."

"It's too late Tae. Now get the fuck out."

When he left, I started crying so bad. Is it really late or am I just afraid that I'll lose myself if I let him in my life again.

I cried myself to sleep. The next day I didn't go to work. Called my assistant and told her that I still feel sick and that she should cancel all my meetings.

"Yoboseyo." Jungkook was on the other line. "You good Minari?"

"No. It started to hurt again Jungkook-ah." I cried. "I'm so scared.."

"I'll try to call Hobi and check up on you. If you need to go to the hospital, call me okay?"

Jungkook went to Chile again because his branch had a problem. If he was here he probably rushed me to the hospital even though it's a death sentence.

I put on my hoodie and wallet. I walked slowly and carefully. When I opened the door there was Taehyung.

He rushed to me as I crumpled because of the pain. He picks me up and carried me to the elevator.

He pushes the button repeatedly and looks at me. His sweat was pouring and also his tears. As I breathe I asked myself, is this real? I blink twice in a minute.

"You're gonna be okay." Taehyung whispered. "I love you." He smiled.

"Yeah?" I hardly spoke.

"Yes. I love you so much. So don't die on me." He smiled comforting me.

As soon as we got off the elevator he told the receptionist to call an ambulance and in 5 minutes it arrived.

I woke up in the hospital. Taehyung holding my hand. He fell asleep with his head on my bed. I woke him up.

"Oh. Hey. How are you feeling?" He asked. "Let me call the nurse. Wait."

"No. Taehyung, just stay. I'm fine."

"So Minari, I contacted my friend in the U.S. He's a great surgeon and he wants to treat you. He's the best of his specialization."  He sighed. "I mean, if you want to.."

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"I want you to be healthy because I want to make it up for every wrongs I did to you. How will I do that if you know.." He smiled awkwardly.

He held my hand. I held on to it for awhile and bursted out crying. He hugged me and comforted me.

"I'm scared."

"No. Don't be. We'll fight this together. I will be with you every step of the way." He kissed my forehead. "We'll beat it together okay?"

"O-okay.."