03- The Cadets

"Straighten those spines pissheads. The 104th Cadet Corps Bootcamp starts now." The instructor yells. "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm comadon Keith Shadis, and you will grow to hate me! Training is gonna be a white knuckle ride through hell! If I've done my job, you'll be waking up in a cold sweat from memories of this place every night for the rest of your miserable lives! Right now you're nothing. Livestock. But over the next three soul crushing years, you'll learn to take down your own Goliath! Remember this moment when you come face to face with him, cuz here's where you ask yourself: Am I a fighter? Or am I feed? Am I gonna be ground up to human pulp? Or am I gonna fight?"

After Shadis had finished his speech, he began to walk around to random cadets when he stopped at a blonde boy standing next to Y/N. "Hey mop top!" Shadis yelled. "Sir!" The boy yelled back, saluting the instructor. "What do they call you, maggot?" Shadis yelled. "Armin Arlert from Shiganshina sir." Armin said in response. "Seriously? Why would your parents curse you with a dumb name?" Shadis questioned.

Armin....I know I've heard that name before. But from where? He said he was from Shiganshina right? Must've ran into him once when I was younger but I don't-

"YOU! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR EYE?" Shadis yelled at Y/N, interrupting her train of thought. Y/N looked up at him, her face showing no emotion. "I wasn't exactly a lucky kid. Had a stroke of bad luck." She answered coolly. "HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET INTO THE CADETS WITH AN EYE LIKE THAT? YOU PROBABLY CAN'T SEE HALF OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS." Y/N let out a laugh. "I can assure you sir, I probably see much better than anyone here." Y/N said.

"IS THAT BACKTALK?" Shadis yelled in Y/N's face. "Sir, if I my add, that's Y/N. Commander Erwin and Squad Leader Hange Zoe both put in requests that she be allowed to join despite her physical injury." A soldier said, running over and whispering to Shadis. "I see. WELL THEN YOU BETTER BE ONE OF THE BEST DAMN SOLDIERS I'VE EVER SEEN, Y/N. AND IF YOU EVER TALK BACK TO ME AGAIN YOU'LL BE RUNNING LAPS UNTIL YOU LOSE THAT OTHER EYE." Shadis said walking over to the next cadets.

"What do you call yourself" He asked another boy standing a few people away from Y/N. "Sir! I'm Thomas Wagner from from the Trost District."

After yelling at several people, the instructor made his way over to a boy with a long face. "What do we have over here?" Shadis said, looking the boy dead in the eye. "Jean Kirstein from the Trost District!" The long faced boy answered. "And why are you here cadet." "To join the Military Police sir, the best of the best." Jean said confidently. "That's nice. You wanna live in the interior do ya?" Shadis said unusually calmly. "Yes."

At this, Shadis head butted Jean causing him to drop to his knees. "NO ONE TOLD YOU YO SIT RECRUIT. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS KIRSTEIN THEN FORGET ABOUT JOINING THE MILITARY POLICE." Shadis yelled walking away.

God what a prick. That guy's probably never struggled a day in his life. Then again guess that makes him perfect for the Military Police. They're all nothing but selfish sons of bitches like him.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE YOU SMILING IDIOT!" He yelled making his way over to a freckled boy. "Marco Bott at your service sir from Jinae, south side of Wall Rose! I intend to join the Military Police and give life and service to the King!" The freckled boy said, a smiled plastered on his face. "Well then, you're an idealistic fool and a rube. You want the truth? The only use the King has for your life and service are as Titan fodder." Shadis said, wiping the smile off Marco's face.

Damn he really scared that guy. He's not wrong but still. That guy's intentions seem much more genuine than that prick's.

"Hey Q-ball you're up next." Shadis said as he made his way over to a bald kid. "Oh me? Sir! I'm Connie Springer from Ragako Village sir!" He said, saluting the instructor the wrong way. As a result, Shadis picked up the boy by his head and lifted him up to his eye-level. "You have it backwards Connie Springer. It was the first thing you were taught. The salute represents the resolve in your heart to fight those bent on the systematic destruction of our people. IS YOUR HEART ON YOUR RIGHT SIDE!" Shadis yelled.