21- Capture of the Female Titan

She stood there captured. She knew it was only a matter of time before her identity would be known. Her Titan eyes were wide and full of fear as the state of her situation dawned on her. Around her, the wires twitched as she struggled to moved due to the wires that kept her in place.

"An abnormal? Or is it like the Colossal Titan?" Eren said as he looked back at the captured Titan. He was still thinking about it when he turned forward. Did Commander Erwin...

"Hey, snap out of it!" Oulo yelled, snapping Eren out of his train of thought. "Eren, think later. We need to get farther in and stand by!" Petra told him. "Right!" Eren replied. The group was heading deeper into the forest in order to get as far away from the Titan as possible.

Captain Levi was ready to capture and take in the Titan. He stood on a tree branch with Commander Erwin, his blades drawn ready to attack the moment he was given the go-ahead. "Wait, Levi...an eye for an eye. Waves 2 and 3, fire! Fire the spare rounds!" Commander Erwin shouted.

More spears were fired off at the Titan in order to ensure her safe capture. The light from the explosion covered the forest in a blinding light, and even the sound of the rounds firing off could be heard from outside of the forest.

At the edge of the forest, Survey Corps soldiers stood ready, waiting for the signal to withdraw. Christa watched from the safety of her tree as Titans surrounded the soldiers who were acting as bait in order to keep them out of the forest. The Titans struggled and searched around the trees looking for anyway to capture the humans above them. One Titan had even managed to grab a hold of a piece of bark, and was now lightly tugging on it so that it could begin its climb.

"Um, it's climbing up." Christa said, looking down at the Titan that was underneath Nanaba. "Yeah. If it gets this far, I'll move out of the way. But I don't think it will be long before they issue withdrawal orders." Nanaba replied. "Does that have something to do with the explosions we've been hearing deep within the forest?" Christa asked. "I don't know." Nanaba responded.

In another part of the forest, the explosions could still be heard going off. "Mikasa, what do you think that sound is? Are they firing cannons in the forest?" Sasha asked. She was currently crouching on a tree branch looking rather nervous. Mikasa had a very neutral look on her face as she listened to sounds coming from the forest.

Reiner stood by on a tree branch trying to piece together the whole situation together. It doesn't seem like they'd brought cannons though.

"It really is loud back there. Hey, Bertoldt. Do you know where Christa went?" Ymir asked. "Sorry, I don't know." He responded to her question.

Connie stood under a tree seemingly nervous as well. I have no idea what's going on. What am I doing and why? I want to go home.

"We're going to shift position, Armin." Jean instructed. "Okay!" Armin replied. The two boys hopped off of their tree branches and moved to branches further back. In front of them, a Titan had managed to make its way up a tree. Although it was struggling to hold itself up, it's ability to have learned to climb up a tree in a short amount of time was what alarmed them most.

"They've started to figure it out. They seem to keep getting better and better at climbing." Jean commented. "That mean, scary as it sounds, they can learn. Although some are better than others, I'm sure." The climbing Titan hand managed to get itself higher up the tree and it was now staring at Armin and Jean.

"Armin, sounds like something is going on deeper in the forest. I think I have some idea what. They lured that Female Titan all the way here in order to capture it. More precisely, to capture whoever is inside of it. That was Commander Erwin's goal." Jean said, earning a gasp from Armin.