33- Close Combat

Eren punched Reiner's Titan into the wall, dragging the back of its head across the wall as they fell to the ground landing with a thud. A pile of dust and debris following them as Bertoldt's Colossal Titan continued to release steam on top of the wall. Y/n and Mikasa watched from the side of the wall as Reiner and Eren disappeared in the dust.

"Eren..." Mikasa said as she tried to look for him in the dust. She gritted her teeth and looked back up to where to Colossal Titan sat on the wall. "What's wrong with me? Why didn't I slice their goddamn heads off? That was the perfect chance, why did I hesitate? Why? That was it there won't be another opportunity."

"Don't beat yourself up over it. I hesitated too. If I had just finished Reiner off and I hadn't panicked he and Bertoldt would be dead right now." Y/n said. "What's important now is that we get the job done. You take care of Eren and I'll go help with taking out the Colossal Titan." Y/n adjusted her gear and flew back on top of the wall to where Hange and the others were dealing with the Colossal Titan.

She landed on the wall and ran over to where Hange and the other were waiting. "I'm back. We're still planning on taking them alive, correct?" Y/n asked.

"Yes that's the plan. Take Reiner and Bertoldt alive. Who knows what kind of information they might have." Hange replied.

Bertoldt suddenly whipped his arm back and threw it forward hitting the wall and several soldiers in the process. "Move, everyone!" Hange shouted as they jumped out of the way to avoid getting hit.

Historia looked back as she was taken away by one of the soliers. "It's got Ymir!" She shouted. In one of the Colossal Titan's hands, Ymir's body was held in the stretcher and she was still unconscious.

In the other hand, Y/n was struggling to free herself. "Shit! Hang on Y/n!" Hange shouted. The steam around the Colossal Titan increased and Y/n could feel herself getting light headed.

Shit...I...I can't breathe...it feels like my lungs are on fire...dammit I'm not going out like this...I haven't done shit...

She slumped over in the Colossal Titan's hand passing out from the lack of oxygen. Bertoldt lifted Ymir and Y/n up in his hands and placed them in his mouth.

"Shit!" A soldier shouted.

Hange and other soldier landed on the side of the wall to avoid being attacked by Bertoldt.

"No, this isn't happening." Sasha said.

"How can Bertoldt..." Armin said.

Historia stood still with wide eyes as she tried to process that she had watched Ymir be eaten. Hange gritted their teeth as they came up with a plan. "Soldiers! Prepare to attack! The Colossal Titan doesn't walk away from this! It's a threat to all mankind!" Hange said. They pushed back on the wall and flew back to face the Colossal Titan. "Swarm and terminate!"

The soldier soldiers soon followed and surrounded the Colossal Titan from above. Bertoldt swung his fist at the soldiers but they evaded him with the use of their 3DM gear and swerved around his arm.

Bertoldt swung his other fist at a few other soldier but they avoided him and passed by his face, making eye contact with the Colossal Titan.

"Freak's as slow as they say." A soldier said.

"Size is all he has going for him." Another one said.

"Compared to Titans we're usually up against, this one's a piece of cake!" A third soldier said.

Soldiers gathered in the air behind Bertoldt's nape. "He's wide open! Slice the nape!" Hange ordered. Bertoldt could sense that they were behind him and he released a large cloud of steam to protect himself. The soldiers were thrown off and blowing through the wind as they did their best to tolerate the heat.