23- The Defeated

Levi, Y/n, and Mikasa were currently chasing after the Female Titan who had managed to capture Eren and was currently running away from them in the forest. While Mikasa and Y/n insisted that Eren was alive, Levi had his doubts and was unsure if this was true.

"It seems like he was bitten right out along with the neck. Is Eren dead?" Levi asked the girls. Mikasa glared forward at the Titan while kept running. "He's alive. Our target seems highly intelligent, and capturing Eren is apparently her primary goal. If she wanted him dead, she could've crushed him in her jaws. Instead, she's clearly holding Eren inside her mouth while fighting to escape." Mikasa replied.

"Eating Eren may also have been her goal. If so, he would've ended up in her stomach. It makes more sense to assume he's dead." Levi said. "He's alive!" Mikasa once again said. Levi looked over at Mikasa who was staring at the Female Titan, her glare wasn't faltering. "I hope you're right."

"If only you'd protected Eren, this never would've happened!" Mikasa snapped. Levi turned so he could face her. "Now I see. It was you back then. You're Eren's close friend." Levi said. Mikasa's eyes widened a little as he recognized her as the girl who was glaring at him back in the Courtroom.

Y/n could feel the anger that was growing within Mikasa radiating off of her skin so she decided to speak up. "Mikasa, the reason Eren was fighting the Female Titan back there was because I failed to restrain him. The final request of Levi Squad was that I protect Eren at all costs and bring him back to HQ alive. I failed them. So, if you're going to yell and blame anyone, blame me." Y/n said. Her voice was calm and assertive. She stared forward at the Female Titan and she felt both Levi and Mikasa's eyes on her, but she didn't look at either of them once.

"We'll focus all our manpower on one goal. First of all, forget about killing the Female Titan." Levi instructed. "But she killed so many of our comrades!" Mikasa exclaimed. "So long as she can crystallize her skin, there's no way we can kill her. Trust my judgement. Well keep hoping that Eren is still alive, and attempt to rescue him before she leaves the forest." Levi said as he pointed his blades at the Titan.

"I'll hack her up, you two draw her attention!" Levi instructed.

The Female Titan was running at an even pace in front of them. Y/n and Mikasa flew under her between her ankles while Levi was above her. There was a red glow in his grey eyes as the Female Titan took notice of him. Levi readied his blades in preparation for when she would attack him. She quickly turned around in an attempt to punch him into a tree, but Levi quickly cut through and up her arm with a spin attack.

He then jumped at her face and stabbed her eyes with the two swords in his hands. Levi then released the blades from their handles and jumped into the air. Quickly, he pulled out a new set of blades and dove towards the Female Titan, slicing her body in a single spiral motion.

Overwhelmed, she fell back and leaned against a tree still guarding her nape. Mikasa and Y/n watched as Levi single handedly had the Female Titan overwhelmed. Both girls watched him carefully, yet it was Mikasa who was surprised by the sheer power that Levi held. He's fast. He moves so quickly that she can't get a chance to harden her skin! Growing up, Y/n had certainly heard stories about Levi's strength from the other soldiers but it was truly something else to watch in person.

Levi sliced through the Titan's arms with ease as he cut through her shoulders, attempting to get her to drop her arms forcefully. With several slices to the muscles surrounding her shoulders, the Female Titan soon dropped her arms. Mikasa quickly noticed the exposed nape of the Female Titan and quickly saw her opportunity. We can go for her neck! She's tired. I bet she can't move! I can kill her!