16- The Courtroom

It had been a few days since Commander Erwin, Captain Levi and Y/n had talked to him. No one had been there since to see him and time seemed to pass slowly. As he turned his head Eren looked over at the chains around his wrists that kept him there on the cellar's bed before looking up at the ceiling.

Outside, rumors were spreading about a Titan being humanity's ally. While some couldn't believe it and were excited about its potential others thought it to be a rumor. Either way, the Military Police was not happy. They were worried about rebellion from the lower class since Eren's Titan was being deemed a savior for humanity.

Meanwhile at HQ, Y/n, Armin, and Mikasa were sitting down eating breakfast. "Eren's inquisition...What's it about?" Mikasa asked. "I'm not sure but I'd guess they're deciding what to do with Eren." Armin replied. "What to do with him?" Mikasa questioned. "Probably whether to kill him or let him live." Armin said, lowering his head. Mikasa stood up from the table, a look of horror on her face.

"Cadets Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert, and Y/n! Are you here?" A Military Police officer shouted, slamming the door open. "Yes sir!" The three cadets said. "You've been ordered to appear as witnesses at this afternoon's trial." The officer said. They quickly followed the officer out of the building before Y/n was stopped by the officer. "Cadet Y/n. I was also asked to hand you this letter from Commander Smith." The officer said pulling a letter out from the pocket of his jacket.

"Thank you." Y/n responded taking the letter. It wasn't big but there looked like there was something in the envelope. "A letter from the Commander? Is everything alright?" Mikasa asked. "I'm sure everything is fine." Y/n said opening the envelope.

Y/n,
Upon the request of Captain Levi, you will be assigned to Levi Squad following the trial of Eren Jaeger. Be ready to leave automatically with your things ready to go. The details of your leaving have already been worked out with your Training Officers and they were willing to let you go before graduation.

Regards,
Erwin Smith, 13th Commander of the Scout Regiment.

P.S. Hey brat since you'll be in court today you're expected to dress accordingly. That means wearing this eyepatch. -Levi

"I've been assigned to Levi Squad." Y/n said nonchalantly. "Levi Squad? Y/n that's incredible! They're one of the best, if not the best squad in the entire regime! How are you so calm?" Armin asked. "I don't see the big deal. It's just Levi." Y/n said.

"Oh yeah I was meaning to ask you, how do you know the Commamder and Captain? I saw you talking with them after we took back Trost." Armin asked. "Levi was the soldier who took me in when I was little, and since he's close with Commander Erwin, I got to know him as well." Y/n said, taking out the eyepatch and putting it on.

"I've never seen you with an eyepatch." Mikasa commented. "Yeah I hate them. They make me look like a pirate." Y/n said, rolling her eye.

Back in Eren's cell he was looking for someway to pass time. "I'm sorry, but I need to use the restroom." He said to one of the guards. "You just went!" The officer snapped back. "Please give me some water." Eren said. "Hey!" Another officer said making Eren turn his head in the direction of the voice. "Know your place, monster." The guard said. Eren went back to staring at the chains around his wrists.

Monster? That's true, but...But they're so afraid of me, they have to chain me up? I guess I understand...It's not like I know what's happening either. Maybe I'm lucky I'm not already dead. Come to think of it...Those three weren't ever scared of me. What are they doing now? And the others... What happened to them?