45- The Last Azrael

Eren continued to struggle against the chains as Y/n watched him. "Eren will you give it a rest already? Neither of us are gonna break out of these chains." She said.

Suddenly, Y/n heard footsteps approaching them. Historia appreared wearing a long white robe. Unlike Eren and Y/n, she didn't have chains on her.

"Oh you're both awake. I'm glad. Just hang in there for a bit, we'll be okay." Historia said.

"Historia what the hell is going on here? Why are Eren and I chained up?" Y/n asked.

"Eren, Y/n, listen. My father had always been humanity's ally. His only goal is to keep the people within the walls safe, it's clear to me now we misunderstood him. He didn't deny anything. It's true he went after the Scouts, and his people did kill Pastor Nick, but he did that cause he had no choice. Everything he's done he did for the sake of humanity." Historia said.

Y/n rolled her eye. What kind of bull shit did he tell her to get her to defend him like this.

"Thank you, Historia. Please let me explain the rest." Rod Reiss said as he walked over towards Historia.

Eren looked down at Rod Reiss and Historia. It's coming back to me. The last thing I remember is the two of them. How long has it been? Captain, Armin, what happened to the Scouts?

He then looked up at the endless pillars that surrounded him. What's the deal with all these glowing pillars? They just keep going. I can't even tell if it's day or night. Wait, there's something else about this place, it feels familiar somehow. Have I been here?

"If you were wondering, no, you've never been here before. Although, you may recognize it none the less." Reiss said as he walked up the stairs that decorated the sides of the podium where Y/n and Eren were chained. Historia followed behind him holding his hand like a scared little kid.

Both Eren and Y/n glared back at them as they approached. Rod Reiss reached out his hands to touch them causing Eren and Y/n to move away to the best of their abilities.

"Keep your filthy hands off me and my man you creep." Y/n snapped back at him.

Historia let out a small yelp when she heard Y/n's tone. "Um, father, could you explain to them?" Historia said.

"Of course, I intend to. But before that there's something I'd like us to try. This could make him remember without saying a word. And if this girl is who I think she is, this will confirm it." Rod Reiss said.

Reiss first placed his hand onto Y/n's shoulder. "Y/n Azrael, I order you to connect to the Founding Titan." He said.

She couldn't explain what had happened or what she felt in that moment, but she understood that her will wasn't her own anymore. The moment Rod Reiss had called her "Azrael" she lost all ability to think for herself. And as much as she wanted to resist his orders she couldn't.

Eren watched as her eyes turned blue and purple, reflecting the color of the pillars that surrounded them. Then he felt Historia and Rod Reiss's hands on the back of his shoulders. He felt a shock of electricity shoot through him and he assumed Y/n must have felt the same shock because she let out a scream.

Images of people Eren didn't recognize showed up in his mind. They were standing in the same room as he was chained in now, and each one of them wore white robes like Historia. The next few memories appeared to him as flashes as he watched the family be murdered and then saw their chapel burned down.

What is this? Who are they? These aren't things I've seen. Whose memories are these?

Then he saw the image of a Scout Member looking back at him, then it switched to the key being wrapped up into his hand by his father.