19- Attack of the Female Titan

It had been a few hours since the recon mission began. Levi squad was currently on horseback and hadn't faced any trouble from Titans up to this point. The same couldn't be said for the rest of the Scouts however. Just a few miles away from them the right wing had nearly been decimated by Titans, of course they didn't know that yet.

"Smoke signals. Green. Oulo, pass it on." Levi said. "With pleasure, sir!" Oulo replied taking out a green smoke signal to fire. Eren however, wasn't convinced that everything was as good as the green smoke signified. Things seem to be going pretty smoothly for the moment. Still, I wonder how it really is. My gut tells me the front line has already taken a serious hit.

"Reporting, sir! An oral message! It appears the right wing spotters have been wiped out! The early warning network is compromised! One of you will need to relay the message down the line!" A soldier shouted. "You heard the man, Petra. Go on!" Levi instructed. "Sir!" Petra replied, heading off on her horse to pass on the message.

Eren was getting nervous. The right wing? That's where Armin's positioned. Still, he wasn't with the outliers. He and the others were more towards the center. Surely the Titans haven't made it that far in.

Suddenly to the right of him, black smoke signals were fired off. Black smoke? An abnormal! "Eren, fire the signal!" Levi instructed. "Yes sir!" Eren replied taking out a black smoke signal. "This is a disgrace. Lotta good the formation does if the bastards can go into it that deeply." Levi muttered to himself as Eren fired off the signal. So close. Too close. Just under that smoke, someone...someone's fighting.

At that moment, the Female Titan was running through an abandoned town as soldiers attempted to take her down. There was one soldier in front of her and another behind her. She was protecting her nape from any potential attacks with one of her hands. "Dammit! I'm right in front of you! Look down you monster!" A soldier said pointing a signaling gun at her. When he fired it off, she dodged it quickly.

"Now!" The soldier instructed. From on top of a windmill a soldier jumped off using 3DM Gear as the other two switched from their horse to 3DM Gear as well in an attempt to surround her. "We got you now. You're clever but I'd like to see you defend all 3 weak spots at once! Cut the Achilles heel, the spinal cord, whatever brings the bitch to her knees! Attack!" The soldier shouted.

The female Titan saw the soldier coming at her from behind and quickly grabbed his wire. She then jumped to avoid the other one and crushed him under her foot when she landed, much to the surprise of the soldiers. The other soldier tried to run, but she quickly crushed him as well. Then she focused her attention on the soldier who's wire she had caught. "P-Put me down! Put me down!" The soldier begged.

Once again to the surprise to the remaining soldier, she started twirling the wire in her hand as fast as she could. When she got enough momentum, she released the wire, sending the other soldier flying off into the distance. The final soldier fled on horseback, but she soon followed him. "I have to tell the others! She can't be allowed to take anyone else by surprise! The platoon will be decimated!" The soldier yelled. Unfortunately for him the Female Titan caught up to him and kicked him off into the distance.

"An abnormal? This far in?" A soldier questioned. "We can't let it make anymore headway!" The other soldier replied as they made their way to the female Titan.

"Well if the right wing's been all but annihilated, why in the hell aren't we retreating?" A soldier from the transportation squad asked. "Don't know. Commander's orders. Just keep the message moving left!" A soldier replied.

Green smoke signals were being fired near the Female Titan. She quickly glanced at them before continuing her charge inwards.

"This is crazy. How far in the Commander gonna let us run off course?" A soldier in the spotting section asked. "Your guess is as good as mine. We should be heading south not east." A soldier replied back.