07- The Closing Ceremony

It had been 3 years since Y/N joined the cadets and final exams were beginning. As of now they were running through the forest in the rain, carry equipment on their backs.

"Pick up the pace you left-heeled laggards!" Instructor Shadis yelled that the people who were falling behind. Luckily, Y/N was far up ahead leading the group along with Mikasa.

"Boots water-logged Arlert?" Shadis yelled to Armin who was struggling to keep up with the group. "Let's see some huddle! Gear too heavy for you son? Hell drop it! Leave it in the mud! The Titans will have an easier time digesting you without all the excess baggage." The instructor yelled, using his horse to ride ahead and check on the rest of the group.

"Dammit." Armin said, struggling to catch his breath. "Seriously? Here. Focus on staying upright. We are being graded on this y'know." Reiner said, taking Armin's equipment. "Thanks but uh...won't they demerit you for helping?" Armin asked. "Yeah if they find out. Just make the cut and we're even alright?" Reiner said.

Reiner Braun. The mind and constitution of a grass-fed ox. Respected by his comrades.

Reiner ran ahead of Armin, carrying both his and the struggling boy's equipment. "I'm no one's burden you hear me!" Armin said rushing over to Reiner to get his equipment back, and carry it on his back himself.

Armin Arlert. Built like a daffodil, but academically brilliant.

The next test consisted of their use of 3DMG gear. As the model Titans were set up, Jean, Annie, and Bertoldt rushed in to slice the wooden napes.

Annie Leonhart. Gifted with a sword, but does not exactly get along with others.

Bertoldt Hoover. Heaps of talent, but too mild mannered.

Jean Kirstein. Head of the class in 3DM, also an insufferable smart-ass with a hair trigger temper.

"Think those show offs could slice n' dice? Best hope you see a Titan before I do." Jean said, rushing off to look for another Titan model. Military Police, save a place for Jean! He quickly found another Titan model and was ready to slice its wooden nape. "Way to lead the charge! You don't care if I steal your thunder right?" Connie said, jumping ahead of Jean using tree branches, ready to slice the nape. But before Connie even reached the nape, someone beat him to it.

"YAHOO! WOO!" Sasha yelled in victory as she celebrated her steal.

Sasha Braus. Unusually fine instincts. Rarely shares them with her teammates.

Connie Springer. He demonstrates superior physical agility, but lacks mental agility.

"They're coming!" A soldier said, letting the other soldiers know to get the Titan models ready. Mikasa and Y/N quickly rushed in and cut deep into the wood of the two models. "Nice cut." Y/N said, looking over her shoulder at Mikasa. "Thanks. Yours were great also." Mikasa responded.

Eren was further back than the girls, about to take a slice out of the models as well. However his cuts were only about half as deep as Y/N and Mikasa's. Damn. Mikasa and Y/N beat me again in strike depth.

Mikasa Ackerman. A master of all subjects and widely considered one of the best in our history.

Y/N. Another brilliant cadet. Skilled fighter, and even deadlier with a weapon in her hand. Her skills are only matched by Ackerman. They work extremely well together and are a deadly duo.

Eren Jaeger. He has no outstanding talents, but he's worked harder than anyone to improve his marks. And he is more motivated to attain his goal than anyone.