15- The Struggle for Trost, Part 2

Jean was still hiding in the abandoned home. "Wait to go, dragging everyone down. Good job." He said to himself. He peeked out the window that was above his head and saw the Titan that had chased him into the house and a soldier who had been crushed by a large rock from the waist up, but they're 3DM Gear still looked to be functional. "Maybe I won't die today."

Rico had jumped onto a roof along with one of her soldiers to avoid getting eaten. "What are we going to do Captain?! We're all that's left!" A female soldier cried as her and Rico watched one of their comrades get eaten by a Titan. "We fall back to the boulder!" Rico shouted in response.

Mikasa, Captain Ian, and Mitabi passed over the head of a Titan. They were near the hole that was allowing the Titans to flood into Trost. "Status report!" Ian shouted. "Five Titans approaching from the gate sir!" Mitabi responded.

Jean watched as Titan near where he was hiding walked in the opposite direction. He took that as his chance to get the dead soldier's gear. "If I wait for the all clear, I'll never make it out alive. I've gotta do something!" Jean said as he approached the soldier's body.

"Jean! His gear is busted." Connie shouted from on top of the wall as he watched Jean try to take the gear from the soldier. "What's happening?" Marco asked as he walked over to see what Annie and Connie were staring at. Jean was struggling to remove the gear from the soldier. Their belt seemed to have gotten stuck. "Dammit! Awe c'mon work with me here!" Jean growled. Behind him, the Titan from earlier was now once again approaching him.

"Jean look out!" Marco shouted, causing Jean to turn around. Marco flew in front of the Titan to drive attention away from Jean. "Marco! What the hell are you doing?" Jean shouted. Marco quickly started running in the opposite direction with the Titan following him so Jean could get the gear off of the soldier. Quickly he took off gear and started setting it up for himself.

"Crap! Why'd he have to go be the hero!" Connie shouted. He and Annie had jump off of the wall and were now back in Trost running on the roofs of buildings. Jean jumped over a Titan using the gear he stole from a soldier successfully, but he soon fell to the ground. "What? You've gotta be kidding me why's the trigger so stiff?" Jean said. He saw that the Titan was was slowly walking towards him.

"Jean!" Connie shouted as he jumped off the roof towards the Titan crashing into its head. "Ow!" Connie shouted as he landed on the other roof. "Are you insane?" Jean shouted. "What are you waiting for? Get out of there!" Connie shouted back as he ran to avoid the Titan that was now trying to grab him.

Jean started to run, barely avoiding getting eaten by a Titan that quickly dove towards him. His gear finally started to work but as he flew another Titan charged at him, and he wouldn't be able to dodge it in time. Thankfully, Annie jumped on the Titan's as Jean headed towards it, causing the Titan to barely miss Jean.

"You idiots got a death wish?" Jean said after they all successfully made it onto the wall. "Don't even start, man." Marco responded. "Yeah, you scared the hell out of me!" Connie chimed in. "I'll be damned." Annie said.

Suddenly, everyone heard the echoing of footsteps, large footsteps. They saw a boulder moving across the city, steam surrounded it. Eren had successfully managed to lift the boulder and was now carrying it on his shoulders to the hole. "Eren." Mikasa said "DEFEwith a smile on her face.

"Mikasa!" Armin shouted as he and Y/n approached her. "Armin, Y/n!" She said. "He came out of it somehow! We're set, he's determined to see the mission through to the end! As long as we got his back while he heads for the wall, victory will be ours!" Armin shouted.

"DEFEND HIM! TO THE LAST MAN IF THAT'S WHAT IT COMES TO! EREN MUST REACH THE GATE I DON'T WANT A SINGLE TITAN ANYWHERE NEAR HIM!" Captain Ian shouted.