50- Bystander

"Hey! You wait right there!" Historia shouted after she chased after some kids.

Jean, Eren, and Armin leaned against the fence and watched as Historia chased after the kids. Eventually, she caught up to the kids, picking them up by their collars to scold them.

"Isn't this...?" Jean said.

"Yeah. Not quite the Queen I was expecting." Armin said.

"And it's only been two months since she was crowned. Seems like she's better suited to run an orphanage." Jean said.

"Do you know what the people are calling her? The Cattle Farming Goddess. In a good way, of course." Armin said.

"So we've finally got a goddess among us. At this rate, no one will remember the chump who plugged up Trost, yeah?" Jean teased, specifically looking to get a reaction from Eren.

"One of the reasons Historia decided to become queen was to do all this." Eren said. His face was solemn. He didn't even bat an eye at Jean's words.

"This meaning....?" Armin asked.

"Taking care of the orphans and needy from the underground to the edge of the walls. Since he was raised in the underground, the Captain supported her too. When people need help, she said she'll come to their rescue, no matter who or where. That's what Historia wants to do." Eren said.

Everyone on Levi's Squad had been helping tend to the farm over the last two months. During the first two months of Historia's reign, she had managed to get a lot of policies pushed out. Not only had she gotten most of the orphans out of the underground, but she had also established the "Azrael Protection Law" which was designed to prevent anyone from using Y/n's ability against her will, and would result in punishment of the highest degree if broken.

However, since Historia spent most of her time on the farm rather than in the castle, it meant that a lot of her responsibilities had been pushed onto Y/n since she was Historia's top advisor. She had spent a lot of early mornings and late nights at the castle getting paperwork done for the Queen, and as a result, the world within the walls was thriving.

But this also meant that no one had seen much of Y/n since Historia became Queen. Often she would leave before the others were up and wouldn't return until most of them were asleep.

"Oh? You're slacking again! It's getting dark you know!" Historia said, walking over to Eren, Jean, and Armin.

The boys all picked up supplies to bring back to the main house, much to their dismay. "She's becoming more and more like my mother." Jean muttered.

"Some goddess." Armin muttered back.

Behind them, Historia and Eren walked together.

"I hear your hardening experiments are going well." Historia said.

"Yeah. But if we don't hurry, they'll be back." Eren said, referring to Reiner and Bertoldt.

"What would you do? If you met Reiner and Bertoldt and had to face them again?" Historia asked.

"I've got no other choice but to kill them." Eren said.

The two of them walked in silence for a little while before Historia decided to speak again.

"I hope we find out soon. About this world, and why it is like it is. All that we've done, I don't want to regret any of it. Even the kids from the underground have been smiling lately. This can't have been the wrong choice." Historia said.

"Yeah. You've done great." Eren said.

"That's not..." Historia said. Her face was going red from embarrassment.