30- 10K Bonus Chapter

A/n: Hi guys! This is just a bonus chapter that won't have a major impact on the story. If you want to skip it you're more than welcome to. It's just to celebrate hitting over 10k reads. Thanks!

Year 845, 3 months after the fall of Shiganshina

"We're gonna try something. I want you to attack me with everything you got and I'm not gonna hurt you. I'll simply block your attacks." Levi said.

At the moment, Y/n and Levi were currently in the field doing basic combat training. It had become routine for them to go out each morning and practice. And they both enjoyed it too.

Y/n gave Levi a nod and then charged forward. At first she aimed several punches towards Levi's head, but he was able to dodge them. As promised, he didn't attack but only blocked.

"You're not trying hard enough don't hold back." Levi instructed. Y/n took a step back and planned her next attack. "Adapt don't run away. There might come a time where you're unable to run."

Once again, she charged forward aiming punches to his face. But this time, while he was focused on blocking her punches, kicked his ankles, causing Levi to fall down. "Not bad." He said.

"You were going easy on me." Y/n replied.

"You're 10 years old, not a professionally trained soldier. Of course I went easy on you." Levi said. "That said, you're not half bad for a 10 year old. You're certainly tougher than any 10 year old I've seen. But you have a short temper."

"I do not." Y/n said.

"You punched Oulo the other day because he used your teacup for his coffee." Levi said.

Y/n gave Levi a grunt in response, rolling her eye. "Go get the knife I gave you. Remember how I showed you to hold it?" Levi said.

Y/n ran off to go get the knife and quickly came back. She flipped the knife around in her hand so the blade was facing outward like how he had showed her. "Like this right?" She asked. "Good." Levi replied.

But just as they were about to begin their next lesson Hange rode up to them. "Hello my favorite pint-sized soldier how are you? Oh and hello to you as well Levi." They said.

"What do you want?" Levi said. Hange's playful insults were never his favorite. "Relax, I was just here to see if you and Y/n wanted to go to lunch in town." Hange said.

"Ooh can we go Levi?" Y/n asked. Levi looked down at Y/n who was tugging at his arm. Then he looked over at Hange who was silently nodding. "Are you paying?" Levi asked.

"Of course!" Hange said. "And then we can go shopping! What kind of auntie would I be if I didn't spoil my favorite little soldier?"

With an annoyed sigh Levi agreed to take the day off from training. Him and Y/n walked off to the stables where his horse was being kept. "Is it okay if I ride with Aunt Hange today?" Y/n asked. She was too inexperienced to ride a horse on her own so she had to go with someone. Levi gave her a nod in response and she quickly ran off to join Hange.

The ride into town wasn't too difficult. The cabin that Levi's Squad stayed in was near the forest but it was also about a 20 minute horse ride from town and there was a path that they could follow. And the weather has been good recently meaning that the ride into town wouldn't be a pain.

When they arrived into town, they quickly tied up their horse at a nearby stable and headed off to the marketplace. Y/n held onto both Levi and Hange's hands as she walked in between them. It was a nice day so a lot of people were out wandering around. They stopped at a vendor who was selling some fruits and decided to eat that for lunch. As promised, Hange paid for everyone's food.

After lunch they walked into a few different shops. Y/n picked out some clothes that she liked all of which Hange bought for her without hesitation. They also made their way into a candy shop where Hange bought themself and Y/n enough candy to last them a month. Hange had offered to buy Levi candy as well but he admitted to hating candy since it "rots your teeth."

When they walked into a toy store, y/n ran up to a teddy bear that was sitting on a shelf. It was small one with brown fur and a red bow tied around its neck. Immediately Hange went to go pay for it, but Levi stopped them offering to pay for it instead since Hange had already spent more than a month's salary on Y/n today.

By the time they had come out of the toy store the sun was beginning to set and Y/n was rubbing her eye, doing her best to stay awake. Levi walked over to the stables to get their horses while Hange stayed back with Y/n. When Levi returned with the horses he offered for Y/n to ride with him this time while Hange lead the way.

By the time they made it back to the cabin, Y/n had managed to fall asleep. In fact she was so exhausted that when Levi tried to wake her up, she would not budge. Eventually they had managed to wake her up just enough for her to climb off the horse but she soon fell asleep in Hange's arms when they helped her down.

"Do you need me to carry her in?" Levi asked. He could see that Hange was slightly struggling to hold Y/n up.

"Nonsense, Levi, I got this!" Hange said picking up Y/n. They picked up the little girl but slightly buckled under her weight. Luckily the walk from the horse to the Cabin wasn't very long.

As Levi opened the door Hange was struggling to carry Y/n. "I told you I could carry her." Levi scoffed. "What are you talking about? I don't mind!" Hange said. They looked like they were about to drop Y/n at any second.

"Just put her in her room and don't drop her." Levi said. Hange made their way to Y/n's room and gently placed her on the bed. Levi was sitting on the couch enjoying a cup of tea when Hange walked out. "I'm gonna stay here for the night. I'm too tired to go back to my squad." Hange said as they walked to their room Levi had given them since they stayed there so often.

About an hour later, Y/n walked out from her room. Levi turned his head to see the girl holding her teddy bear as she walked over to him. "What's wrong? Can't sleep?" Levi asked. Y/n nodded her head slowly. She was still not fully awake. Levi patted the spot next to him on the couch and Y/n sat down.

After few minutes Y/n fell back asleep and leaned up against Levi's arm. Levi looked down at her but didn't bother moving her and just continued to let her sleep on his arm.

"Levi...run." Y/n said. Levi looked down at her and saw that she was still asleep. She's sleep talking. Am I supposed to wake her up?

"It's Kenny. You need to go. Now...hurry." Y/n said with tears flowing down her face. At this Levi's eyes widened. Never once had he mentioned Kenny to anyone. Against his better judgement he shook Y/n awake. She stared are pins wide eyed until eventually she calmed down.

"Hey kid, what were you dreaming about?" Levi asked.

"I uh, I don't remember." Y/n replied as she dried the tears off her face. "I think I was having a nightmare or something."

"Yeah I think you were too. Go back to sleep now it's over." Levi said. Y/n nodded and huddled up close to him falling back asleep quickly.

A/n: Hi guys! The idea of Levi and Hange being adorable parental figures would not leave my head so here we are. What's going on with Y/n's wild dreams? Only I truly know but I'd love to hear what you all think. Also a little shameless self promo here. If you haven't already go check out my newest book A Royal Pain (or don't your choice). And if you do leave a comment telling me what you thought. I absolutely love comments and they motivate me to keep writing. Thanks!