26- Stohess, Part 2

"Let us pray for the well being of the three goddesses, Maria, Rose, Sina. For our continued peace and safety. You must not doubt the holy walls! The walls of light, born of God's hand, will become stronger through our devotion and faith. An innocent heart, believing in god, is our only protection from the Titans! Our only way to keep them at bay..." A pastor preached.

A group of people was praying in a church when suddenly the Female Titan was thrown onto the building by Eren. "A Titan? What's it doing here?" The pastor asked as the dust cleared. Underneath her, Annie saw the crushed corpses of the people she had landed on.

As Eren came charging towards her she got up and took off in a run down the street. "No. Stay away from the walls. Not the walls!" The pastor pleaded as Annie ran away. Eren soon passed by knocking the pastor back onto the ground.

People screamed in terror as they watched the two Titans running through the streets. Annie was ahead of Eren, but he kicked through a building to catch up to her.

"This time, it seems he's retaining control." Hange told Armin and Jean. They had landed on a nearby roof to observe Eren. "Yes. But Eren's never managed to beat the Female Titan." Armin responded. "Now that he's a Titan he must be prepared to fight. He won't go down so easily..." Jean said. "Willpower alone isn't enough in battle. You of all people should know that, Jean. Defeating Annie will require far more..." Armin said.

Eren continued to chase Annie down the streets of Stohess. Up ahead of them there was an open area. "An open area! The Female Titan's heading for an open area!" A soldier said. "We can't use Maneuver Gear there!" The soldier next to him said.

"Split up and work your way around the other side!" Hange instructed. "Roger!" The soldiers responded as they flew off. Annie was still leading Eren on a chase throughout the city.

Meanwhile, MPs were struggling to put on their 3DM Gear. "Hurry, hurry, hurry!" One yelled. "This doesn't make sense. What's a Titan doing here?" Another asked. But just as he said that, Eren and Annie ran by them nearly crushing the soldiers in the process.

Annie had finally lead Eren into the open area. She took this as her opportunity to run her hand across a nearby building to stop herself. When she turned around she was face to face with Eren, both of them ready to fight.

Annie, you always acted like you found everything incredibly stupid. You always seemed bored. Annie raised her fists and got into her fighting stance. But there were times when you looked alive. When you were showing off your martial arts. You said none of it mattered, but to me, it didn't look like you really believed that. I just thought you were a terrible liar. Tell me, Annie. What are you fighting for? What could have been worth killing all those people?!

Eren let out a roar as he swung a punch towards Annie. She quickly hardened her elbow to block his punch. She then attempted to kick him but Eren successfully blocked it, grabbing onto her calf and swinging her into a building. He ran through a building to catch her, but Annie ran off before he could catch her.

"What's this? Squad leader, even if we capture the Female Titan, they might destroy the whole city first!" Moblit said. "We do it, regardless. That was Erwin's decision. Be ready to capture her." Hange instructed. "Yes, sir."

ZAP!

Y/n sat up quickly and took in her surroundings. She was panting and she could feel blood running down on the side of her face. She looked over at Mikasa who was right next to her struggling to get up. Y/n had taken most of the damage from the fall, so Mikasa wasn't too badly hurt. "Eren..." Mikasa said before turning to look over at Y/n. "Y/n, you're bleeding! And your eyes...the color...they're blue and purple." Mikasa said.