28- Home

The 104th Cadet Corps were kept isolated under suspicion of Titans within their ranks. But with the sudden appearance of Titans, couriers were dispatched to warn each district. However, the cause of this crisis remains in the dark. For now, no one yet knows.

Trost District

"Commander Pixis! Titans have been spotted! Wall Rose has been breached!" A soldier yelled as he entered the office of Commander Pixis. There were several other soldiers from the Garrison in there as well.

Stohess District

The Scouts were preparing to lend aid to the 104th Cadet Corps that were on the front line at this very moment. Y/n, Eren, and Mikasa were in a cart getting ready to leave for Ehrmich.

"What the hell does all this mean? Damn it!" Eren said as he paced back and forth in the cart. "But, would Titans break walls with Titans in them?" Armin asked as he walked over to the cart.

"It's happened before. They busted the wall into our city." Eren responded. "That was a gate." Armin said much to the surprise of them all. "Armin? What are you saying?" Mikasa asked.

"The thing about the walls. There's no crevices between the rocks or any signs of cracking. We can't really tell how they're made. So what if they're made of hardened Titan skin? It must be pretty versatile if Annie can encase herself." Armin said. "Titans...in the wall..." Eren repeated.

Inside of Hange's office they were studying a fragment of Annie's Titan skin while Moblit rushed around their office collecting papers. "Section Commander! What are you doing? We're supposed to leave in 5 minutes! Please hurry up!" Moblit shouted as Hange stared down a microscope.

"There's something I need to confirm..." Hange said. They looked up from their microscope in disbelief before Levi called for them. "Get moving." Levi said. He was leaning against the doorframe waiting for Hange. "Ah sorry! What about him?" Hange asked. "He's been ready for a while now." Levi replied. They quickly grabbed the piece of Titan skin and ran out the door.

The Survey Corps were lined up on horses ready to head for Ehrmich. Armin, Eren, Mikasa, and Y/n were sitting in a cart as they waited to leave. "Eren. Wear it right. It's cold at night." Mikasa said as she wrapped his cloak tightly around his shoulders. "Sorry to keep ya! Took longer to prepare than we thought." Said Hange as they, Levi, and Pastor Nick hopped into the cart as well, much to the young cadets' surprise.

"Um, isn't this a priest from the Order of the Walls?" Armin asked. "Yeah. Nick and I are best buddies. Right?" Hange joked, wrapping an arm around the Pastor. "Don't let him bother you. The whole makeup of this squad doesn't make any sense. Does it, Levi?" Hange asked. "No, I think it might. Erwin picked them out for a reason." Levi replied.

The Gate was opened and the soldier stood waiting for their next orders. "The situation within Wall Rose is unclear. But everything up until Ehrmich is safe. We'll save time going through there. Move out!" Commander Erwin ordered. "Take us out." Levi told the driver of the cart that he and the others were in. Soldiers on horseback headed out first with the cart following at the very end. As they left the protection of the city, Armin looked back at the gate.

"This whole time, Titans have been protecting us from Titans." He said. "It's kind of ironic don't you think? The things we've been fighting for the last 100 years have actually been the thing that protects us from Titans. Our greatest enemy is also our greatest ally." Y/n said.

As they passed down the path Hange decided it was time to inform the others about their current issue. "Huh? He knew? There's Titans inside the walls and he's known about it?!" Eren shouted. "Yes, though...he's kept his mouth shut this entire time. But now he's coming with us to witness the harsh reality. Will his beliefs be strong enough for him to stay silent? Or will seeing it with his own eyes make him question himself?" Hange said. Pastor Nick simply sat there listening as Hange explained the situation.