35- The Enemy

The soldiers galloped away towards the forest Hange had mentioned in order to reach Y/n, Eren and Ymir before sunset.

"Let's move!" Commander Erwin shouted.

On top of the wall, Hange and Moblit watched as the others rode off. Hange was too injured to fight so they had to stay behind. As the soldiers grew smaller in the distance, Hange began to crawl towards something behind them.

"Hange!" Moblit said.

"G-Get me a horse." Hange said, continuing to crawl.

"Section Commander! Where are you trying to go?" Moblit asked.

"To that village where we captured the Titan who couldn't walk." Hange replied.

"You mean Ragako?" Moblit asked.

"I need to see it with my own eyes." Hange said.

"Don't say something so ridiculous! Your body can't take riding a horse right now!"

Hange looked down at the ground, "I have a hunch that we need to investigate," they said, continuing their crawl.

"All right. I'll go there on my own, so you stay here and faint or something." Moblit said, running off to get himself a horse. Hange tried to continue crawling but their arms gave out and they collapsed on the wall.

The soldiers continued to ride onwards to the forest. "Spread out! Take formation to locate any enemies!" Erwin shouted.

They separated off into smaller groups. Each team was responsible for searching an area to look for Eren and the others.

Meanwhile, Eren had just woken up in the beaches of trees in a giant forest.

"Oh, Eren? You're awake?" Reiner asked. Eren stared at him with wide eyes not saying a word. The Titan scars from his transformation were still on his face and his body was steaming as it continued to heal itself.

As he was about to say something, he realized that his survey corps hood had been tied around his shoulders. He moved around to loosen the knot causing the cloak to fall and revealing that his arms had been cut off.

"What the hell?! My arms!" Eren said as he stared at his severed limbs. They had been cut off up to where his elbows once were.

"Eren, look at me. I'm in the same shape as you. Guess the both of them us are having a bad day." Ymir said. Her arms and legs were regenerating as well, but she was nearly done.

"Glad to know you're finally awake. I was just about to pass out from how bored I was waiting for you to wake up." Y/n said. She was sitting next to Ymir.

"Ymir, Y/n, why...don't I have my arms?" Eren asked.

"That's my bad. I'm the one who did that," Reiner said, making Eren glare up at him. "I kinda was in a hurry. When I rushed to bite your nap, I neglected to take your arms into account." Reiner explained.

"I see. I must've lost." Eren said, looking up at Reiner and Bertoldt. Y/n and Ymir were watching Eren to see what would happen next when Eren bit down on his severed arm in order to become a Titan.

"Eren, stop!" Bertoldt shouted.

"Hold your horses, Eren," Ymir said, taking his arm out of his mouth. "Take a look around us. We're in the giant forest within Wall Maria. It's not even close to any of the walls. In other words, we're deep in Titan territory. Take a look. I think that one down there's an Abnormal. It looks like he's just lounging around, but he's not taking his eyes off us. There's a lot of small ones down there, too. That alone is dangerous. Over that way's another big one. He's staring at us but won't come any closer. I bet you that ones a scaredy cat." Ymir said, placing her elbow on Eren's shoulder after she had pointed out where all the Titans were.