CHAPTER FORTY

Yeyy a new update! ❤️

How are y'all?? I'm not busy these days so I got excited to continue this book now 😊

☾︎

You groggily rubbed your eyes as you looked around, confused. You stood up and got your phone to check downstairs. " That's a bad dream...", you said. The lights downstairs are off except in the living room.

You went to the living room and saw Hongjoong with his laptop on, watching some movie. The light from his laptop is the only one illuminating the room. " Joong, you're home now", you said as you sat across him, not minding the genre of movie he's watching now. " You're watching that again?".

Hongjoong immediately closed his laptop. " Yah Y/N, I thought you were sleeping now", he exclaimed. " You just came down a while ago to drink water".

What?

You frowned. " Huh? Well uhm, I thought you were with Yeosang to visit San at the hospital", you answered. Hongjoong gave you an awful look. He scratched his head.

" Who's Yeosang?", he asked. You raised a brow.

" You've got to be kidding me. Does that adult movie you're watching affected your memory now? You shouldn't be watching that now cuz you already have a girlfriend", you snickered but Hongjoong's face didn't change. He's looking at you with full confusion.

" San's in the hospital? What happened to him?", Hongjoong asked as he placed his laptop inside the laptop bag. Now, it's your turn to be confused.

" I thought you visited him", you answered.

" Yah Y/N, are you high? What are you talking about? I babysitted our neighbor's child yesterday and I was here all along, okay?", your brother answered.

What??

" Huh? That was like weeks ago", you responded. He raised his brow as he stood up. He placed his hands on your cheeks as if he's checking if you're in the right state of mind.

" Are you taking drugs, Y/N?", he asked, cocking an eyebrow. You slapped his hands off and stared at him in disbelief.

" The heck bro, I'm not doing drugs!", you said.

" You were with San when you got home now he's in the hospital? Seriously Y/N, stop playing games", he deadpanned as he relaxed on the couch again.

" I'm not playing games!".

" Come on, I wanna rest", Hongjoong said as he closed his eyes, not wanting to hear any of your rants right now.

"Where's Seonghwa?", you asked. It made you scared especially of that nightmare. Seonghwa died in your dream so you wanted to see if he's okay. Hongjoong opened his eyes and scowled at you.

" In the book, you idiot", he replied. Your eyes widened. You couldn't believe it. You almost stopped breathing when you saw the arrangement of your house. It was supposed to be prettier, like what Seonghwa made.

You looked around with disbelief and horror in your eyes. You went to kitchen, the garden, bathroom. You also ran upstairs to your room and heck, you didn't notice that it was the normal look again.