CHAPTER FIVE

Seonghwa cleaned the mess with a flick of his hand. You, Mingi and San are now in the kitchen, preparing some drinks for lunch. The prince is slowly observing the three of you. This might help him to 'adjust'. He could follow along with the three of you so he can easily do his mission.

" Seonghwa, wanna have some drinks?" Mingi offered an orange juice to the confused prince. " Never saw an orange juice before?"

" We only drink water and tea in our kingdom", Seonghwa said as he took a sip. His cheeks blushed at the unknown tangy juicy taste. " I'm glad to express my gratitude to you, Mingi."

" Wow, you look so kind", you teased and raised his brow. " My brother will be home at any minute, act normal."

Mingi and San bid their goodbye. The two of them are needed in school even if it's Saturday, sometimes the boys are the ones who clean the gym. Lucky for you, you'll be sleeping the whole day or just doing some little training. You glanced at Seonghwa, who is in the living room, checking the bookshelves so you sighed. It's weird seeing the creepy guy a while ago in the house with you, now as a housemaid. Butler.

The door finally opened, revealing Hongjoong with three paper bags. You rushed to him to help. You can see that Seonghwa is still checking the bookshelves, not interested in knowing who recently came. " Thanks, Y/N, I bought--Wow", Hongjoong said, his lips forming an 'o' shape. " Did you just paint the house? How come we have this stuff? What happened?".

" Err Uhm.... we have a butler, he's very skilled and he's --", you said, looking down at your feet but was interrupted when Seonghwa came into the view.

" Greetings tiny man--I mean, sir. I am Seonghwa, your official household butler. Miss Y/N here hired me because she felt lazy at the moment", he said with a slight smile. Hongjoong was still shocked.

" Uhm... Okay? Nice meeting you Seonghwa, did you do all of this? You're skilled enough, I see", Hongjoong said as he observed the house once again. " Hmm, it's only the inside that has been changed but it's good".

" So, you're not mad at me for hiring this guy?", you asked Hongjoong as you pointed at Seonghwa who is giving you another smug look again.

" I'm not mad. That's brilliant but it's still surprising, you should have notified me, Y/N", your brother assured you as he tapped your back. " So, Seonghwa, can you cook?".

" Of course Mister..", he answered.

" Hongjoong", you said.

" Ah yes, Mr. Hongjoong. I can cook. I can do everything", Seonghwa said. Hongjoong raised his brow at him but smiled and patted him.

" Well good, you'll help me with the dish I planned. Y/N, while we're cooking uhh just sit around or do anything you want, later on, please lead Seonghwa around the house so he can be familiar with where to go or where not to go", Hongjoong said so you just gave him a thumbs up before going upstairs.

When you went to your room, it was prettier than what you are used to. It's more girly and your gears are neatly arranged at the corner. You smiled to yourself and jumped at the bed and started to feel the cosiness and softness around you. You wanted to invite San and Mingi again to check out the new squishy bed but Hongjoong is here now and they are needed in school. Your phone buzzed and it was Mingi.

" Y/N, on Monday, there's a new coach and a new student in our training, be prepared. See ya tomorrow lily pad", Mingi said in a voice message. Mingi invited you to his house to play some Xbox together with San. He said that his mom will not be home for a while so you agreed to him. But you'll know that your brother will flood you with suspicious questions again.

Right now, you're also excited at the feeling that your brother will take you to the studio on Wednesday. You can finally see Yunho and Jongho again. You closed your eyes for a minute, having no idea that you already drifted to sleep. Minutes pass, and someone is waking you up. It's not the normal way for waking up someone as you can feel that you're floating. Your eyes shot open and you saw Seonghwa at the door frame, smirking. He waved his hand and then you fell on the floor with a thud. " What the heck?", you shouted and he shook his head and motioned you to come downstairs for lunch. " Nice technique to wake people up, wet wipes".

You went downstairs with Seonghwa following behind. You saw Hongjoong already at his seat and he motioned the two of you to eat lunch. " Come, the food is still hot. Please join us Seonghwa", Hongjoong said with a smile.

" Of course, I should join--Ah yes, thank you Mr Hongjoong. I thought butlers never eat with their masters'', Seonghwa said, emphasizing the word 'master'. You rolled your eyes. You can see that Seonghwa is trying hard to act normal. You're afraid that he might spit out unnecessary things to Hongjoong. He must know that your brother easily gets upset with things like that.

Hongjoong gave him a nod as he motioned him to sit across from him. " Hmm smells nice", you said as you smelled the delicious-looking food in front of you. It's noodles and Korean barbecue. You excitedly served yourself and ate the barbecue first. " Tasty, nice cooking guys''.

" Thank you Y/N, Seonghwa is the one who cooked the barbecue", Hongjoong said and Seonghwa is showing another smug look at you. Not bad. The three of you continued eating. You got used to eating silently ever since your father left for America. When he's in the house, he casually tells a story in the middle of supper. You think it kind of hypes up the mood and also a happy way to eat.

As soon as you finished eating, you placed the plates in the sink. Knowing Seonghwa will do the dishes made you smile and laugh a little bit. You went to the bathroom to brush your teeth while Hongjoong went upstairs to his room to do some music on his laptop.

Meanwhile, Seonghwa just stood in the kitchen. He's thinking if he'll regret this job for his whole life or if he'll just accept it as a deal to get the throne back. He stared at the dishes, thinking that this is the scene for every maid in the kingdom. Seonghwa thinks that he's dishonoured at the moment by the fact that he's a prince. He sighed and as he was about to flick his hand, you stopped him. He scowled at you for touching him.

" Try not using powers, prince", you said with a slight smile. " Remember, sometimes you have to act normal here. Don't you get afraid? The queen might know you have powers in here, she might remove them from you". He glanced at the window and heaved a sigh. He sounded pissed at the moment.

" The queen doesn't even know I have powers", Seonghwa said. " I hid it from her".

" Still, you must act normal here. Try using your hands to wash the dishes, not just a flick of the hand", you suggested as you gave him some washing gloves. You know he'll need it or else he'll curse at the feeling of touching used plates. You're just assuming that he'll be like that but you know that it might happen.

" So you think you can boss me around here huh? Peasant", Seonghwa said but he just took the gloves from your hand and he wore it. " You think it's funny to see me like this?".

" I don't know. You choose", you said. " Be funny or not?".

" Damn you", he answered and you chuckled. You watched him as he carefully washed the dishes. He pumped some dishwashing liquid into the foam and you can see that he's not used to it. He clicked his tongue as he got frustrated by the oily plate. He removed his gloves and with a flick of his hand, the dishes were washed and placed in their separate cabinet. You raised a brow, knowing that he cheated at this moment.

" Cheater. I told you not to use magic", you said and shake your head. " What a prince."

" Good to know that you still consider me as a prince, peasant", he said with a mischievous grin. " Now, show me around the house."

☾︎

What do you think? Thank you for reading guys!