CHAPTER ONE

In Earth Realm...

You kicked the kicking pad with force but it's getting a bit sloppy for you. Your partner, Mingi kept on teasing you about how tired your legs are getting. " Y/N, I think you need to hold these for me. It's my turn now", the tall orange-haired guy said. You rolled your eyes as you kicked faster and with so much force but Mingi raised it a bit, leaving your feet kicking nothing but air.

" What the heck Mingi! That's my full-force bullet kick", you whined and he laughed at you. This guy, aish. " Don't test me boi or you're getting it".

" Getting what? Baby kicks? You can't even kick my body gear", Mingi said as he hit you with the kicking pad. You rolled your eyes for the second time and sighed with defeat. You always wanted to spar with Mingi but the coach won't let you because you're a girl and shorter than him.

" Hey, you two", a high-pitched voice said. You looked in his direction and waved at the blonde guy.

" Hey sanshine!", you greeted San with a playful kick on his hip. Mingi bro-fist with him. Mingi and San are your best buddies. You met and have been training with them since grade school. Your friendship with the two is getting stronger since there's no lovey-dovey thing going on. It's just pure friendship.

"Yeah, Y/N it's my turn!", Mingi said but you ignored him so he removed your ponytail and ran with your hair tie in his hand. You grumbled and chased him, ignoring the fact that your legs are already tired. You kept on running to chase him but you stumbled hard on the floor. San ran to you to help but Mingi is still laughing. " Oh, she needs some milk!".

" Piss off!", you said. You're just annoyed at this moment. Mingi still chuckled but went to you to help.

" Let's get something to eat. Maybe spend some time after all this training", San said. You agreed with him. They helped you walk to the girl's room so you can shower and change into neat clothes. " See you later Y/N". You waved them goodbye as they went to the boy's room to clean up too.

You removed your dobok and belt. You stared at your belt with a proud smile. Having those two help you through the years of being stuck on a brown belt made you reach a second-degree black belt. Taekwondo is your passion, ever since. Your father went to America to train student athletes too so it's you and your brother, Hongjoong the only ones occupying the house. Your goal is to compete in Internationals so you can get a high reward for your graduation. The Internationals are scheduled for the next two weeks so you, San and Mingi are training hard.

You went to the shower and cleaned for 10 minutes. You brushed your hair and wore a pair of jeans and your sport shirt with your name on the back. You finally got out of the room and saw the two, finally in neat clothes waiting for you. It's funny that they're wearing their sports shirts too.

" I guess we're all wearing our sports shirts'', San said. Weirdly, your outfits are sometimes synchronized according to colour or style. Best Friends instinct maybe.

" Where are we going?", Mingi asked.

" Let's eat at Grab A Snack. I heard there's a discount there", San said. The three of you walked for 15 minutes, having good laughs and jokes until you arrived at Grab A Snack. You finally found a perfect seat for the three of you.

" So, who's gonna order?", You asked, raising a brow. The three of you are eyeing each other like no one wants to order. " Who's the loser at the sparring last time?".

" Great, it's me", San said in a deadpan tone. You and Mingi laughed and tapped San on the back. San stood up and acted like a waiter. " What can I do for you?".

" I want fried chicken with soda on the side", Mingi said as he got his wallet to grab some money. You did the same thing too.

" Ice cream and fries, thank you", you said and chuckled at how San bowed and went to the cashier to get the orders. You glared at Mingi when you remembered what he did earlier. " I could've been in an accident, you know".

Mingi snorted at your comment and laughed. " Like who the hell runs so fast after kicking for hours?", he said. You slapped him on the shoulders and he just pinched your cheeks, leaving you annoyed even more. " Love you, Lil pad".

" Hate you, giraffe", you answered back. Saying I love you to them is so normal to you. They're your best friends after all. No romance intended.

San came back with a tray in his hand. " Bon Appétit, Ravens", San said with a smile. Ravens is your team name. It's an undefeatable team in college.

While eating, you suddenly remembered the story that came one year ago. The Sky Prince. It's an interesting book because the author was anonymous and the story was really good. Even adults read it. " You guys read The Sky Prince?", you asked.

" Oh yes, I read that to my sister", San said. " That story feels so real, I don't know why. every time you flip the pages, there's air".

" True", Mingi said as he munched on his fried chicken. " I borrowed a copy of it in the library, I got interested".

" I see, I have that book though. My brother, Hongjoong went home one time with that book. He said someone gave it to him", You said.

" How's your brother?", Mingi asked. " Is he still the easily pissed-off guy?". San and Mingi laughed, reminiscing the memory when Hongjoong caught them fitting on your dresses in your room. It was an amazing scene for them. Seeing that tiny guy in anger, Hongjoong even asked them to go to his room to do talking.

" You guys are annoying, my dresses lost their perfect fit", You huffed.

" We're extremely sorry Y/N, we'll buy you a new one", San said with an apologetic look but still trying to contain his laughter.

" Duh, you better be", You said. The three of you finally finished eating and stayed there for a minute to digest everything.

" Look at the sky, it looks like it's going to rain", Mingi said. "We better go home now".

" Ah yes, my bro will kill me", you said. " You guys don't need to walk me home, I'm all by myself for now". You smiled at them.

" Are you sure?", Mingi asked, concerned. You chuckled and gave him a nod. " Well, I'm not sure but--", he was cut off when his phone rang. He immediately got it and his eyes widened. " Okay, mama bear is angry, I better go home now!". Mingi kissed your forehead and he absent-mindedly kissed San on the cheek. You laughed at San's reaction.

" What was that?", San shouted at him with an embarrassed look. He wiped his cheeks. " Y/N, want me to walk you home? You need someone, it's not safe out there".

" Well, okay then", you said and gave him a gummy smile. San was the sweetest one and Mingi is the naughtiest one. That's why you love having them both at your side. It's like order and chaos. While walking, you two shared some experiences at the sparring.

" Y/N, you're a good athlete. I'm your fan", he said. You just love his smile, every time his eyes turn into small slits and his dimples are visible. " Looking forward to having a serious sparring with you".

" Coach won't let us, you wish", You said and playfully punched his shoulder. You finally arrived at your street but you saw Hongjoong at the gate, waiting for you. " Oh no, red-haired mama is waiting".

" There's your brother, should I still walk you there?", San asked. You laughed.

" No need Sanshine unless you want to face some questions'', you answered. San's eyes widened and you can't help but pinch his cheeks. " Go now, Sannie, take care on your way home. Hope you don't kick some asses on the way". You waved goodbye to San and went straight to your house.

☽︎

and that's it, for the first chapter! Thank you guys for reading!