CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Hello again, I would like to thank the readers who are really consistent on reading this book. I may not be an excellent fanfic writer but I'm putting my best into it. Feel free to comment anything! I want to know your thoughts :)

☾︎

It was finally a Saturday morning. Seonghwa woke up early and headed downstairs to cook. He went to the bathroom to wash his face. " Ah, Saturday....",he muttered and a smile played on his lips. 

He walked straight to the kitchen while scratching the back of his neck. He dreamt of Felix last night. Now he remembers that Felix has the dark magic book. He doesn't know what his former friend was capable of. " That sycophant". 

" Who's sycophant?", Hongjoong suddenly said out of nowhere. Seonghwa was staggered for a second, afraid that Hongjoong might get the wrong idea. " That's not a good word to hear from you, Prince Seonghwa. Is there someone that you're referring to?". 

" Oh, no one. I was practicing some dialogues", Seonghwa lied, resulting in Hongjoong disregarding the word. 

" Well, I think that's good. By the way, I'm going out to buy groceries. I was about to tell Y/N to do it but I guess I'll leave it to myself. I have to drop by at the studio anyway", Hongjoong replied. " Prince Seonghwa, take care of Y/N, okay? Our father will be home by next week so I guess you also needed to be ready". 

" Understood. Of course, it's my duty to protect her", Seonghwa said with a slight smile. Hongjoong nodded and went out of the kitchen. Seonghwa sighed as he opened the wall cabinet to get some canned goods for breakfast. 

A minute later, you finally came downstairs. You went to the kitchen and saw the busy prince setting up the table. You gave him a genuine smile. " Good morning my prince, do you know what today is?", you asked with a knowing smile, testing him if he remembers the plan. 

" It's Saturday and we're going out", Seonghwa answered. You clapped your hands and sat down to eat. " You're extremely excited, I see. Can't wait to date a handsome prince like me". Seonghwa gave you a smug look and you rolled your eyes then giggled. 

" Oh please, everyone would fancy a date with a handsome prince like you", you deadpanned, making him raise his brow. " Seriously my prince, you should eat so we can be out early". 

" Where are we going anyway? Your brother told me he's out to buy groceries and will stop by at his studio so no one is left here in the house", the prince said. 

" Let's go to a mall, I want to take you there. I know you'll love it!", you chirped. Seonghwa smiled at his response. " I think it will help you to understand normal people more". 

" Thank you, princess", he replied, making your cheeks crimson. " You kept on blushing everytime I called you princess, what's wrong?". You shook your head and laughed. " I know you love it, you're mine". 

You just nodded at him but suddenly stopped when you realized what he just said. " Wh....what?", you questioned. Seonghwa smirked and went beside you. He took a hold of your hands and kissed your knuckles. 

" Yes, you're wondering why I said that. Y/N, nothing can change my feelings for you anymore. I said I wanted to explore more but I'm feeling so attached to you, I feel like you should be my queen", Seonghwa said while adoring your sweet morning face. You smiled but your face dropped for a moment. 

" But don't you think it's too soon? Are you really obliged to have a queen?", you asked, making the prince heave a sigh, looking down while biting his lip. 

" I will be removed from the royal bloodline. There's no other heir to replace me", the prince answered.

" Should I tell Mingi and San?", you asked. 

" Soon". 

After eating breakfast, you tried your best to look good by wearing a dress. You wanted to show Seonghwa that you can also pull off a different style, not just sporty attires. You groomed yourself and sprayed some strawberry scented perfume. You stared at yourself at the mirror. " This is it, our first official date", you mumbled. You left your room and immediately saw Seonghwa standing in front of your door. 

He looks really perfect at this moment. He has a white button up shirt, slightly covered by a black bomber jacket. He's wearing simple black jeans and boots. His hair was neatly groomed, slightly curly. " Ah, my dear Y/N, you look absolutely stunning, I've never imagined that you'd look good in a dress!", Seonghwa exclaimed while admiring your beauty. " Wear this for me, always. On our special occasions....okay?".

" Special occasions? You mean, there's more to come? ", you said, unsure of what he was implying. Seonghwa sighed. He knows that if he succeeded the mission, he has to go back to the kingdom. This may be your last date. You're also busy with the upcoming competition on Friday while Seonghwa is busy handling his situation with Felix. 

" I...I don't know..", he said but smiled afterwards. "Let's go, shall we? We wouldn't want to waste our time". He took a hold of your hand as both of you came downstairs, heading to the front door. Seonghwa opened the door and locked it with his magic. " Princess, would you like to try teleportation?". 

Your eyes widened and pushed him slightly. " I think that's dangerous because we're two people. Have you watched Harry Potter? Look how they were struggling doing the apparition", you said but trailed off because you're asking him questions that he can't possibly answer. " Nevermind. It's dangerous ". 

" It's not", Seonghwa answered. " You'll just feel like you're flying very fast". 

" Let's try it later when we get back home. Let's use the ordinary transportation for now, my prince", you suggested. Seonghwa shrugged ans you smiled. The two of you went to the bus stop. 

" I'm still wondering how you could resist my magic back then", Seonghwa said while smirking. " But I think I know how right now". 

" Well, I don't really know, maybe I'm really resisting it?". 

" You're a strong lady and it hinted a bond between us", Seonghwa answered. You pouted, curious about what he was saying. " To be frank, we're totally connected. The moment you could already resist my magic, the bond grew stronger. No ordinary human can do that. I've read about that back in our kingdom". 

Your mouth was suddenly shaped to an 'o'. So that's why you can resist his magic. It's the bond afterall. 

" But why me?", you asked. 

A bus stopped in front of you so you invited Seonghwa inside. The bus was pretty unoccupied so it's free for the two of you to have a conversation. The bus was driving smoothly but before you could talk, the bus stopped again, followed by a guy entering the bus. 

You couldn't feature his face but as soon as he got closer, you can tell who it was. 

It was Lee

☾︎

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! I HOPE Y'ALL ARE SAFE! Let's work hard this 2021 to have a better year❤️