Chapter 5: The Mad Crush

Milly's POV
As I snook out of my hiding place I saw Max walking past. I just about caught her eye, I thought I got away with it but I thought wrong-

"Hi? What are you doing in uhh- a cupboard?"
"I- uhhhh- hdjdjiecjjeh"
I couldn't even talk- it was so embarrassing I was blushing so hard.

Safe to say I have a HUGE crush on Max

"OI- MILLY U GOOD?" She said gently shaking me I just quickly nodded to embarrassed and too distracted thinking about Max.

When the bell rang, I said, "I- uhh I'll see you later." I awkwardly smiled at her, "M...meet me behind the school at the blossom tree... I have something to tell you...!!" I blurted the last part out not thinking, when I realised what I said I started walking backwards.

"ALRIGHT!?" I heard her call back as I turned around and started sprinting down the corridor.

I ran straight into a wall, it was very embarrassing but not as embarrassing as bumping into Max.

Even thinking about her makes me blush like crazy.

Over thinking, I asked myself "What if she hates me now..."

I am a very big over thinker, so I think pretty negative about these things all the time and it really doesn't help boost my confidence whatsoever...

I almost forgot about class until the second bell rang which was the bell of "the start of register" so I was still late but I managed to get there just as the teacher called out my name.

"Milly Mathews?"

"Here miss!" i replied panting as i slowly went to sit down.

After class it was finally the end of the school day and I had to meet Max, I was so nervous to tell her, after all I didn't have a plan, but she deserved to know the truth...

That lesson went by so fast. I ran. No. I sprinted down all the corridors out to the back of the school to the blossom tree that was still blooming, it was very pretty though.

I waited for max to come and eventually she did.

"You wanted to see me?"

I got so nervous but I sucked it up and said, "M...Max..... it's been a few months a...and your my only friend.... b..but I want to ruin that.... I want to change it..."

"W...what do you mean...?" She asked as I saw tears rolling down her face. I wiped the tears away with one hand, holding flowers in the other, that was behind my back.

I held out the flowers and said, "Max... you're amazing and the best person I know.... so... will you be my girlfriend..?" I bit my lip and started over thinking things...

"Of course Milly!"

I handed her the flowers, hugged her tight! And then it was just us under the blossom tree it was amazing! I will never forget that time...

I couldn't wait that morning to see Max! It was Non-Uniform day and I have to admit the style I wear in front of her isn't my actual style but that changed that day.

I ran into the bathroom and grabbed my favourite clothing. A plain black turtle neck T-shirt, fishnet tights, ripped jeans with a silver chain, a Black Onyx Crystal necklace and a black cloak.

I pulled on my platform boots and my long brown hair was down and flat as I pulled on my brothers beanie. I grabbed my backpack and called out to my dad saying "goodbye I'll be back later" and then sped walked to school.

I finally felt like me... I could be free...

My black nails were digging in my palms as my hands were wrapped around my backpack handles. I waited where me and Max always meet each other before going into school (even before we started dating we would wait for each other)

I got so nervous incase she didn't like my "new" style... but she has to deal with it I guess.

"MAX! OVER HERE!" I said waving at her. She came running up to me and hugged me tight.

"Hey Mil! Woah I love your outfit it suits you!" She said looking me up and down as if she was trying to figure something out. "Have you grown-?" She asked. I couldn't help but laugh.

I shook my head and said, "no I'm wearing my platform boots"

"Ohhhhhh- makes sense cos I definitely knew you owned a pair of them-"

You see me and Max have complete opposite styles I'm more into paranormal while Max is into skating and skateboarding. I like dark clothes while she liked bright colourful clothes.

We still haven't told anyone about us being a "thing" it's too early plus who knows maybe my "friend group" will hate me even more but I couldn't care less about them.

I have Max and I feel like a complete different person but in a good way. "Milly Mathews The Goth". I can finally be free. She accepts me for who I am and I love her so much she's amazing!

I just don't know how to tell my dad...

Wc: 862
This chapter is short-Ish I guess. Hope you have liked this story so far.

Have a great day/afternoon/night wherever you may be in this world <3

~Random Ruby Doo~