Chapter 13: Settling In

Mason's POV

As my new parents opened the door of their house, I saw how tidy and clean it was. It was definitely nicer then the adoption centre. "Welcome to your new home!" Said Milly.
"Really Milly..?" I asked looking at her then Max, I didn't want to call them Mom and Mama yet due to my trust issues.
"Yes of course..!" Max answered for Milly.

I slowly walked into the house admiring the place, I ran my hand along the smooth marble counter surface. I felt anxious for some reason... it seemed lonely. How did they live with just the two of them for so long? I thought to myself.

I found a corner in the room and slowly went and curled up in a ball, I saw Max and Milly look at each other, I got scared in case they started arguing just like my old parents, but instead they smiled at each other, Max carefully picked up Milly bridal style, Milly went bright red and let out a yelp in shock, "MAX-!" Max just laughed. "Hmph- not cuddles tonight, you can sleep on the couch"

Max gently put Milly down and glared at her with the 'don't you dare' look. Suddenly, Milly was running around like a child, a quiet giggle escaped my lips. Finally, Max had caught Milly, both of them on the floor Max tickling her girlfriend. Slowly I crawled closer to them and joined in, Milly on the floor lying down crying of laughter, me and Max tickling her like crazy.

"Ok- ok! I get it!" Milly yelled in between laughs, "Now its my turn!" She smirked, Max ran up the stairs, I started laughing, I could feel Milly looking at me so I looked at her. "What?" I giggled out.
"Nothing I'm just glad you're happy!" She smiled at me.

Scrap the idea of not calling them mom and mama! I thought. "Of course I'm happy Mama!" I smiled back at her.
"Hehehe! You called me mama! Screw you Max" Mom heard what mama said and yelled, "NO! I'LL BE DOING IT TO YOU TONIGHT!" 
I didn't understand but mama went bright red. I went up to Max, "uh Mom- mama is bright red" I told her confused, Max just giggled in return.
"She'll be ok bud" she smiled and ruffled my hair.

A while later we heard mama call for us to go down for lunch, Max picked me up and walked down, I wrapped my arms around her neck resting my head on her shoulder and yawned. "Someone's tired" Milly said.
"Tell me about it I know I a-." Max started but got cut off by Milly, "not you silly! I'm talking about Mason." I nodded in response, "you can go to sleep after lunch alright kiddo?" I nodded again, she stood up and came to me and Max, she gently kissed me on the head and then kissed Max on the cheek.

Milly started to climb the stairs, "You not having anything?" Max asked with a concern voice. Milly paused for a second before replying. "I've already eaten" she stuttered. She's lying my mind told me what I didn't want to know, Max clearly thought the same, her face went stern and hard, almost as if she was full of anger.

"Milly Jacob-Mathews! Do not lie to me!" Mom's voice was stern, scary, I've never never seen someone be angry and worried at the same time. Mom walked to the couch and gently lay me down, "get some sleep.." she told me, her voice now soft, I nodded and slowly fell in a deep sleep.

Milly's POV

I slowly went up the stairs, not long after Max came into our room, she looked stern, chills ran down my spine and my hairs stood up. "Milly Jacob-Mathews... I am very disappointed in you..." why she called me 'Milly Jacob-Mathews' I don't know, we aren't even married. I was standing in front of the mirror looking at how "fat" I am.

"Milly! Stop! Don't ignore me!" Her voice filled with anger, I flinched trying hard not to cover my ears and cry. Visions of my dad started filling my head. I continued to ignore her. Suddenly, Max had me pinned against the wall, I started shaking I was scared.

Tears escaped my eyes. "Get off..." I stuttered, Max refused, "GET OFF ME!" I yelled, I heard Mason had woken up and said, "mom..!? What's happening..?" Max glared at me as if I did something wrong, "great.. now you woke him up!" She stormed back downstairs and started calming Mason down, I slid down the wall and hugged my knees, I silently cried.

I was terrified... I thought Max would've helped... but I was wrong. I slowly fell asleep still crying. I had dreams about my dad, the time I told him I passed out in the library, the time he slapped me, then the time I walked in on my brother... dead brother...

I woke up, I screamed without thinking. To my surprise no one came and checked on me. My breathing was heavy and uneven, my throat felt like it was closing up, I covered my ears.

The next day, I woke up still on the floor, Max was asleep on the bed. I quietly stood up still shaking and slightly crying. Mason was asleep next to Max. I quickly and quietly went downstairs and got ready, I left the house and headed to my therapist.

"I..it was like I was drowning, my throat felt tight my lungs didn't have room to help me breathe, my breathing was heavy and uneven.." I explained what had happened.

"Ah.. I see" my therapist said confusing me, "You had a panic attack Milly. Have you experienced anything that may of caused this to happen?" I slowly nodded, my therapist started taking notes.

Max's POV
When I woke up Milly had gone. I wanted to apologise about yesterday and how bad I felt. However, she had gone. Without waking Mason I went down and rang my missing girlfriend.

After the third ring I head a raspy voice, it sounded if it had been crying, "what..?" Milly asked. "I don't want to talk to you right now! Please leave me alone..." I could tell she was on the edge of tears. "Come home... please..." I said.

I heard a shaky sigh from the other end of the phone, "Max I'm busy right now. I'll be home later." She replied trying to hide her emotions. I sighed, "fine... pls don't be too long... I have something for you..." I said and hung up.

Truth is I did have something planned, but I didn't think it was a good idea. I still did it. I set up notes around the house for clue on where I would be hiding, after that I went up and got in my favourite black puffy dress. And I went on the balcony, and turned on some quiet romantic music.

After a while the door opened. Milly had found her first clue.

Wc: 1183
This chapter is a longer one woo! Finally a long one.
Hope you have a great day/afternoon/night wherever you may be in this world <3
~RandomRubyDoo~