Chapter 8: Getting Better

Milly's POV
Its been a week and we were still in the hospital. A nurse came in earlier to say that I will be discharged within the next 24 hours. I hated it here, its a deep deep hatred, but thankfully I had my amazing girlfriend with me! She's been with me from the start.

I remember hoping that i would get better soon... I just want to curl up on the sofa with Max and watch films and eat ice cream for as long as we want!

Well maybe not too much ice cream, I don't want us getting ill. I can't wait to be in her arms again...

"Max...?" I finally spoke, desterbing the silence that wasn't awkward nor comforting. She looked up from her phone. "Hm? whats up...? are you in pain!? Do I need to get you a doctor!?" she sounded so concerened I felt bad for making her worry like that...

I shook my head.... "N..no I was just wondering if I could have cuddles...!" I smiled as inoccently as I could, I think it worked I dont know. But she agreed and I got my cuddles!

I sat up and she sat by me. I curled up against her side hugging her. Being in her arms made me feel safe... It made me feel like there was nothing to worry about... It made me feel at home... a real home. A place that was secure where danger was no where near, no where to be seen and no where to be found. It was all just happiness.

I soon fell asleep with having barely any sleep that week. My sleep schedule was screwed up, so many assessments and tests to finish, school work to catch up on and on top of all tht I had to get a job since my so called 'dad' was too busy being... drunk. Well, he was my dad.., but he got arrestted for abuse. I knew he had never fully gotten over my mom's death... but I didnt think he would go this far....

A few hours later, I woke up. But not in the hospital nor in my house.... And Max wasn't by me....

We: 366
I know this one is short sorry.

Have a great day/afternoon/night wherever you may be in this world <3

~Random ruby doo~