27. His Eyes

The cab takes a turn and the evening sun gets right into my eyes. With an orange tone it doesn't hurt my eyes but infact brings me some peace. Peace of being somewhat closer to getting the truth, once, and for all.

I notice the palm trees getting bigger and the colorful graffiti walls becoming clearer.

Nonna's home.

The big white mansion with funky graffiti on the boundary walls.

Nonna was the only person I knew, who would know everything that has been hidden in the veil for far too long and also the only person who could provide me with the truth.

I hope so.

She is the last resort. I know it won't be easy but this time I need to somehow make her spill the beans.

My phone rings and I see Samuel's caller ID.

"Anything, Sam?", I ask him

"No, not a clue. But I think he's in Milan. I called his office there and no one picked up. I asked Mia to call them up and book a fake appointment and she got it, so I believe he is there.", Samuel says referring to Caleb's Label office in Milan.

"What is up with Caleb? After everything the least he could have done was to call me up and tell me this, but instead, all he does is ignore me.", I say with frustration.

"Well, you have a nice time with your grandmother. I'll call if I get something solid on Caleb. Bye", he hangs up after I say bye as well.

I am not really sure that a nice time is what exactly I was going to have with Nonna.

The cab gets in as the door valet recognizes me and lets me in. I get out of the car and the caretaker opens the big mahogany door for me.

"Mrs. Winston is on the terrace. She has company.", the caretaker tells me and I feel a bit confused about who the company might be.

Maybe Caleb!

I rush towards the terrace with a little hope of seeing Caleb.

"I don't know what to so.", I hear a faint familiar voice.

"Listen, I helped you the most I could but you yourself have to deal with this now, they aren't children anymore.", as I get closer I recognize Nonna's voice.

I enter the glass door to the terrace and stand there with a bit of shock.

On a coffee table I see Nonna and my mom. Sipping what seemed like coffee from the brewing smell.

"Bianca! What are you doing here?", my mother asks quickly getting up from her chair. I can see the stress lines all across her face. It seemed like my mother aged a decade.

What I see is a very fragile old woman and not the adamant experienced supermodel.

"I can ask you the same thing.", I say as I pace forward and stand near the table.

"We were just catching up. You know me and my mother-in-law.", my mom says with a forced smile.

"Yeah, you and your future ex mother-in-law.", I say curtly as I look at Nonna. Her gaze was fixated on the hydrangeas growing a huge pot across the terrace.

"Bianca, I know there is a lot for you to take in. We can explain..."

"Yeah! So, just explain! Cut the crap and say it.", I cut off my mom.

"There is no need to yell dear.", Nonna says as she sips her coffee.

I sighed roll my eyes a bit. Drama runs in the veins of Winston females, no hiding in that.