1. The Big Day

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm very thankful to you to give She's The CEO a try here. This is not actually my first shot at writing, but the passion with which I'm writing it, is definitely new.

I hope you like it.

Also, since I'm going to do the major editing in the chapters in June 2019, the chapters you'll be reading are kind of rough drafts, with possible errors and typos. So please bear with me.

Enjoy!

________________________________________

The little things that are out of the place, disorderly, have always seemed to get on my nerve endings. Like the little thread that keeps coming out of my pencil skirt's hem every other second. I quickly insert it inside, and see it coming down even due to the slightest of movements. I try to ignore it.

But I can't.

The this is that this is the day, the day I want everything to be perfect. But life keeps on telling me that no matter how much I try, I won't ever become perfect. 

Funny, the word perfect is just so funny.

'Perfect' is just an illusion we try to create. Perfection is always for others and no matter how much we try, it will always be an unattainable adjective. Perfection is to hide flaws. A cover up and nothing else.

I look in front of me and see the scene unfolding. The board members all siting around the tan colored oval table, waiting for the new era to enter in this same room.

My father speaks to the board in his usual authoritative and strong voice. I look at him admiringly. For more than twenty five years he's controlled the Winston Enterprise. And no matter how many times he has told me that I could be better than him in taking care of this huge empire, I'd always doubt myself. Even though I was raised to get Winston Enterprise since I was sixteen, the adrenaline rush doesn't seem to dissipate anytime soon.

He finishes his words about the change in protocols smiling at me warmly and passing me an official paper. It was an official paper which made me the C.E.O. of Winston Corporation. My father on the other hand would take up my previous position as the C.O.O. of the company.

He comes by my side and hands me his gold engraved pen and says, "It's the day, Bianca. Everything you ever worked for pays off today. I'm so proud."

I shakily take the pen out of his hand and sign the paper. There's an applause in the board room and everybody congratulates me. To say I'm in euphoria will be an understatement. I feel ecstatic. 

I feel like I have finally gained some worth, which kind of is something I don't feel as often.

All eyes turn to me and I realise its my time to finally take over from my father and speak out some words.

I stand up and walk to the farthest end of the table, the position where once my father used to address these people. When I find myself there and as everyone looks at me expectantly including my father, I finally realize the worth of all this. 

The burdening responsibilities and the pressure to come out as a great leader is suddenly hitting me now. And I admit I do feel a bit dizzy.

Nevertheless, I take a deep breath and start.

"My father had spent twenty five years to build this empire. There were times when he wasn't home and I missed him, but when he would come back he'd tell me that he was busy making my future. I really didn't understand it until I was sixteen and he asked me to skip school. I was baffled. My dad, you see, had alwayscbeen strict about grades and the only time I missed school was when I had chicken pox", a light chuckling is heard in the room and I continue.