18. Met To Hate You (Part 2)

Spring- 2016

Brutal intensity of light coming through a window brought me back to what felt like a consciousness from a year long coma. The headache I have feels like ten monster trucks roaming on infolding of my brain. 

Groaning I wake up and feel the soft linens of the hotel bedroom. Last night was a disaster. I had let my father down as I couldn't get Cunliffe's to agree to our deal. Damn, I cried a lot and if it wasn't for Chris, I would have d...

Wait, I think and feel the softness of the bed linens again.

Yep, I'm naked. 

So, it happened.

I was drunk but I do remember all the stuff and I can't help for a light smile on my lips. He was with me when I was a wreck and I know how difficult it is to handle me when I'm a wreck. But he was there for me. He was so gentle. 

Smiling, I get up to pick my dress and see a note on the bedside. It read, 'Meet me at the terrace gardens for breakfast.' 

I smile again and quickly hop in the bathroom and flinch as soon as I see my reflection on the mirror. I try to lessen the mess but I don't think it's possible. I take a quick shower after brushing my teeth and wash my hair. I cringe a bit as I use the hotel shampoo but that's the only option available for damage control. I wear the same clothes as I don't have any other alternative and then check my phone.

I see a few texts from dad, apparently, my law team informed dad and he texted me not to worry too much about it. I don't know how many times dad will forgive me until finally disowning me.

Keeping these things at the back of my mind I push Chris in front and take the lift to reach the top floor of the hotel. There I see an enormous space filled with beautiful flowers and plant. In one corner, I see a temporary set-up kitchen along with a table for two. I smile even more.

It was as if the smile will never leave my face until Chris is around me. I walk towards his cute set up and see chicken in the pan. But, there is no sight of Chris and I frown. I look around more but I still can't find anyone. 

I move towards the space and find myself near the emergency stair case where I hear faint noise of two men arguing. 

I peek a look to find Chris and another man who looked quite similar to him. His brother, I recognize him from yesterday's party and I hear what they were ruffling about.

"Dad will kill you you know that!" his brother says.

Chris rolls his eyes at him, "Oh please. He can't do anything worse than what he already did."

His brother shoves him, "He saw you with that girl. You created a ruckus back home and dad was furious. You are here for a reason. You are not here for romancing and you know dad wants you to marry our family friend's daughter. He'll be extremely pissed off when he finds out."

"Oh please, I'll die but not marry that wretched girl. Plus relax its nothing serious."

His brother looks at him in confusion, "Really, you set up this beautiful little breakfast for nothing."

Chris becomes speechless, but then he shakes his head and trie to cover up. He scoffs, "Oh please she was just drunk okay. And she was crying I just took advantage of the situation."

He's lying, I can see it written all over his face. 

His brother chuckles, "Oh yeah, well you haven't done anything like this before."

"Listen it was just a one night stand okay. Damn lil brother, she was drunk. The girl was all over me she kissed me like a fucking fish okay. She's just a naive girl who doesn't matter one bit okay. I'm not gonna see her again probably."

"I hope you mean it, Christos.", his brother says pointedly.

"I mean it, so how about you keep that mouth of yours shut and don't tell dad about it." Chris asks his brother and he nods. 

Both of them see each other with a sense of understanding and as they walk out of the small space they see me standing there.

I feel betrayed and shattered. I feel hot angry tears to spill out of me but I control them to leak out. I'm not gonna try in front of him.  He doesn't deserve it. 

He made me sound like a slut.

"Hey there girly." Chris' brother smirks at me and I want to slap him but don't. I control everything, no matter how hard it is.

"Fuck off!" I shout at him and he scrambles and run away.

"Bianca..." Chris starts but I raise my hand to stop him. 

But I lose it. I slap him across his face. 

And then I go away. 

_________________________________________________________________________

Alright really extremely small chapter but it was necessary. 

I have started working on the next chapter but I won't be posting it tomorrow because I'm reading this amazing Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard. I completed the first book today and tomorrow I'll be reading the second until the Amazon delivery of the remaining comes lol.

Anyways, VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.