3. Momma Don't Preach

The ground floor of the forteen floored building of Winston Corporation is filled with paparazzi. It's ten in the morning and the news for this week is going to be about me taking over the bussiness. The warm brown colours of the huge hall don't match the excitement which is filled in the room, myself included.

Some board members along with my father are seated in the chairs behind a long desk having microphones placed on it. I'm sitting at the centre, wearing my lucky shirt underneath by dress jacket. I decided to put on some sleek trousers and straightened my hair. My mother got me a  pretty neutral make up palette, which I was quite thankful for, as it did wonders to my face.

The press conference had to happen as soon as I became the CEO. And I was looking forward to it. So far I was able to answer all the questions that were raised to me until a guy with the funniest hairstyle asks me, "Will you be able to prove better than your father, Ms. Winston?"

Every speck of confidence drains off me. This was the question I was asking myself as well. And I won't lie I don't know the answer to it.

My father nods at me, "Tell them what you think, Bi."

And so I do, "I don't know really. I don't think anyone can predict future. Maybe I'll mess up big time or maybe I'll end up having atleast one hotel under the name Winston in each and every country of the world."

Everyone gives a light laugh at this. I enjoy answering the questions that invole my future plans about the finances or the constructions or about anything that consist of everything I have planned.

 Until a blonde girl of about my age decides to be tacky.

"Ms. Winston, one of our journalists got some pics of you, leaving Christos Hatzis' house a week ago. Are you both, dating?", she asks.

Blood drains out of my arteries. No one had found out anything about this ever. I glare at her, "What's your name, dear?", I ask her.

"Cassandra, Ms. Winston", she says. By her face she just realized she is in trouble. She is a journalist she probably knows about my anger issues. Let's test her.

"Cassandra dear, do you know why this press conference is held?", I ask her with an eyebrow raised.

"You've become the CEO, Ms. Winston."

"Very well, Cassandra. Now may I ask you why you are here?"

"To know about your plans for the company, Ms. Winston", she says.

"And dear, do you think your question is anywhere near the agenda?"

"No ma'am.", she shrinks. Her face seems that it might loose the eyes and lips any moment.

Me-1. Cassandra-0

"I thought so too. But for your information, it wasn't me I'm pretty sure about it.", I say.

I swiftly move to another woman who had her hand raised to ask a question for some time now. And the conference paced off again, smoothly I must say.

After about two hours I must say my throat feels like I've gulped sand. I go to my new office which belonged to my father once. The theme is a simple white and tan but the simplicity and the modern interiors make it look authoritative. A huge table is set in the middle and a gigantic chair behind it.

I move to the table and grab my bottle to full down the water and finish it in one go. I hear light foot steps coming behind me. I turned to see my father there.

"You did good out there.", he says taking a seat.

"Thanks. Though, I  must say I was shuddering a bit.", I tell him honestly.