15. Met To Hate You (Part I)

Spring - 2016

I catch him again looking at me. I know he checked me out the moment I entered the banquet and he has not taken his eyes off me since then. I don't really mind too. Because he's downright handsome. Rugged and so masculine. With silky black hair and electric blue eyes, I don't think any man has ever taken my attention like this before.

It's not just the way he looks though, it's the fact the he's carrying himself with so much confidence and elegance that I won't be in any kind of shock if I see people kissing the ground he's walking on.

"Bianca, come on let's meet the new CEO of Hatzis Hotels," my dad, with whom I accompanied this bussiness gala says as he guides my way to meet this specific person.

As we move I find us walking towards him and I kind of feel a bit self conscious as I try to fix my dress and hair.

"Christos Hatzis, how are you doing?" my father brings a hand in front of the man I now know, to be Christos Hatzis.

Exotic name.

"Please, Mr. Winston, call me Chris. I prefer it more," he says before shaking his hand.

He then looks at me with a sly smile on his face, "And who's the beautiful lady here?"

Before I could answer my father tells him, "This is Bianca, my daughter."

I raise my hand towards him for a handshake but he pulls my palm gently and turns it to give it a kiss. And I'm pretty sure the slight tint of pink of the blush, my mother had put on my face just might have turned to crimson red.

"I wouldn't have thought bussiness to be your forte," he says and I couldn't help but take it as a bit of a sexist comment.

"You're talking to the heiress of the Winston Enterprise my friend, so I think it's completely my forte." I tell him. He's about to reply when an older man chimes in our conversation. his face was covered with neatly trimmed grey beard and similar salt and pepper hair.

"Well that's new. Daughter getting the age old bussiness," he then looks at my father, "I heard you had a son as well, Winston"

Okay, is this hall filled with all male chauvinistic pigs.

"Oh Hatzis, I think you and I both know that family bussiness goes to the one who is capable to handle it. With Winstons, it turns out to be the daughter," my father finishes and takes a sip of his champagne. I look at the man and recognize his features to match that of Chris, indicating him to be his father.

Hatzis senior then comments, "Well then young lady, you must be really talented and hard working, because some of the youngsters these days want to do all sort of weird things in life." he glares at Chris to which Chris rolls his eyes.

"You made it pretty impossible for me to do all sort of weird things so be happy," he says before turning away and going somewhere.

Seems like Winstons are not the only ones with family drama going around.

"Don't mind my son, he's a little flamboyant with his emotions," he then looks at me and smiles, "You must be a very intellectual lady to get the family bussiness. I wish Christos was like you too. But I guess with good comepetition around he'll learn."

Fine, now I kind of like Mr. Hatzis. He and my father gets into a deep business conversation to which I try to keep up but my mind is unusually distracted at the moment due to the absence of Chris. My sight then wander off to see Chris standing alone in a corner his eyes a bit pensive, as if a deep thought going on in his mind. I excuse myself and go to where he's standing.