16. Mend The Things, Bi

"Do you think I'm an idiot?"

I mean he didn't realize it for a week so I don't think I need to answer his question to prove it. I place the phone a little farther from my ear because I know this is among the very rare times when Caleb is yelling at me. And the only time I not really minding this.

"I can't believe it! I should've known the moment you said you will meet Chris over coffee. Seriously, coffee. I mean YOU HATE COFFEE!"

"Hence proved. You're an idiot," I tell him try to stifle a laugh. "Look I actually did think to meet him but come on Cal whats the point?" I ask him. Its true though, he will tell me some kind of false story and lure me again to his home then his room and finally get in my pants.

It irritates me; the fact that he's got so much effect on me. I hate it just like how I hate him. Since the day we met, I feel some sort of force pulling me to him. Of course, at first I thought it was just a mere attraction but after what happened the next day when we met, I'm not sure what in the hell it is. Because I sure don't like him one bit.

"Now what the heck are you thinking? Say something!" Caleb says and I must say I didn't wince.

"Caleb, have you ever hated anyone but still find that person attractive?" I ask him and I'm met with a silence. After, what felt like a minute, he speaks to me again.

"Bi, I think you don't really hate him,"

"WHAT? Of course, not. I hate him so much," I tell him.

"I get it, Bianca. I really do, alright. And I won't say it if it wasn't necessary, but you need to give him a chance. This hate between you too isn't doing anything good. You know what happens every single time." he says and I'm again silent for he makes me think.

Its true and he's right. Maybe, all this keeps on happening because of this enmity we have. If we could just mind our own business, things won't mess up as usual.

I speak to Caleb, "I guess you're right. its high time I ended all this drama between us. Its high time I ended everything thats between us."

"Whoa whoa, okay, what I mean is to not hate each other. because what you're saying sounds like some social boycotting thing. Why can't you just be friends or better why can't you date?"

Caleb has officially lost his mind.

"Look here bro, you are obsessed with Chris." I tell him.

"Nuh uh! I'm obsessed with the idea of you and him dating." I hear light chuckling and I want to punch his face.

He then finally stops and starts the conversation again, "Bi, listen just go talk to him and tell him straightaway that things need to be stopped for better. both of you are responsible adults, you'll get it. Its for the best. Think about dad and the company."

Caleb knows what buttons of mine to press. He knew what effect his last sentence will have and I'm having that same effect right now. And I won't deny the facts just because I have an enormous ego. The facts which unequivocally prove that my current situation with Chris is costing us both negatively.

We end the call after a few more moments and I stare at the stupid and new crystal pen holder on my table to make myself ready for what I'm going to do. I text Samuel and he comes knocking at the door before entering.

He raises his eyebrows at me.

And I absentmindedly look at him.

"I want to meet Chris. Arrange a meeting at some coffee shop."