5. The Twinkle In His Eyes

Chandeliers have always been something that intrigued me. They are beautiful and bright, as if radiating a sort of pleasantness around. Sure, we had five chandeliers at my parent's place while growing up, but the feeling of excite never leaves me alone whenever I gaze at a chandelier. They seem so different from me, almost opposite. They felt at glee all the time and even though, I must say I sometimes feel envious to them because of my unhued personality filled with grimness, chandeliers just make me mesmerised.

The same goes today. I'm peeking at the ceiling as I sip on my champagne, peacefully. A faint noise of people bustling in formals is heard as I make out sharp footsteps approaching me.

"Gazing at the beauty, are we. Keep watching, you won't have any left when your firm becomes bankrupt as you have finally taken up as the CEO.", an extremely velvety and exotic voice come around. It's filled with manly sarcasm.

I give him a lopsided smile as he stands beside me his shoulders touching mine with a bit of tender force.

"Well, if it isn't Mr. Hatzis and his beautiful words of encouragement.", I say as I face him. Dressed in a midnight blue suit which kind of matched the colour of my dress.

He's handsome, with silky thick black hair and blue eyes with black specs in them, giving them a beautiful sapphire colour. He's beautiful but a complete asshole. An asshole that I hate, but still, probably will end up sleeping with tonight.

"You're same old friendly Chris.", he says smirking at me.

I scoff, "Friendly? Please Chris, you wish."

"Well, let's not dissect more about our enmity. I'm just here to ask you, your room or mine?", he asks as he traces his index finger on my forearm. I don't feel a thing no tingles, no sparks nothing. Just a normal feeling of a finger tracing my arm. That's a thing between him and me.

There is no thing.

I've never seriously dated anyone before, except for my best friend in high school, Max. And things became really awkward.

But the thing is whoever I like is not good enough for me as per my mom. My mom pesters me for being single and then scare away anyone whom I show interest in.

But this thing I have with Chris, excites me. It makes me feel like a rebel. Caleb tells me it's wrong, but it's always been Chris I've had an intimate thing with for a year now. And I know I'm the only one for him as well. And no matter how much romantic it sounds, it's not. We hate each other, we use each others body. It's unethical and it gives me some sort of kick.

"Yours. I know your room number is 409. I myself placed up your name there, closer to mine. ", he sips his champagne and nods.

"Nice decor you have here though.", he says as he eyes the hall.

Winstons threw a semi formal party to congratulate their daughter, myself, for becoming the new CEO. We're having this event in one of our hotels. Chris apparently complimented this because we had partnerened with his company for architecture.

"You build it as well. That's why you're invited.", I told him.

"That's the only reason, Bianca?", he asked coyly.

"Trust me, it's the only reason. I don't give a damn about you.", I say dryly.

"I think that's half true. You don't give a damn about me but you do a bit to my body. And you'll probably ask for help when you mess up big times. I'll be waiting," he continues, "in either of the cases", he says, his lips too close to my ears.

Someone clears the throat and we both turn around to see my mother standing with a frown on her face. I groan. Sometimes, I think my groans and my mom accompany each other.