Chapter 3- Wished

Jake's POV
After about 2 minutes of crying, I realized my mom was right, I had to make sure Tommy and Amy were safe.

"We'll stay here tonight and lock the doors. I'll take watch for eight hours and then you can for four hours. Tomorrow we can go out for supplies and maybe find a truck or a van with some gas, we have enough for now to find a car dealership. We can drive out to my father's land where there's a cabin and a few hunting rifles." I said

"Okay" she replied in between sniffles.

We heated up a bottle for Tommy and put him to bed and I made sure Amy was okay as we cuddled on the bed to make sure she fell asleep.

I rummaged through the house after I made sure the house was tight and secure for the night. I found a few duffle bags that my father used when he went hunting. My father loved guns so I found about five handguns, a shotgun, and a rifle all with a little ammo which we could quickly run out of with bad marksmanship.

I found quite a bit of junk food in the pantry. My father loved being outdoors so he always had quite a bit of meat and vegetables but it would all go bad soon due to the power being down...

Amy's POV
I couldn't believe my baby girl was gone, I'm glad I have Jake or I would have gone insane. Having his strong arms around me, I felt safe and secure, like nothing was wrong, when everything was.

If he wouldn't have wrapped me in his arms before I fell asleep, well, I wouldn't have fallen asleep, at least not until exhaustion took over eventually...

Jake didn't want to risk opening the doors to put the bodies outside so he just put them in the basement. Even though the bodies were so far away, It was still pretty eerie.

I had eight hours to sleep and Jake only had four, I probably was going to give him a full eight unless something bad happened, heaven forbid.