Chapter 34- Wishing

Jake's POV
I grew anxious as we inched closer to their prison.

"I don't remember if I told y'all, but I can't wait to see my family again." I must've repeated this a couple dozen times by now.

"I think we know now, Jake." Rick chuckled.

"Is it okay fer me ta shed a tear when I see this reunion?" Daryl joked.

"Be my guest, I'd love to see the tough guy cry." I joked.

Michonne rode with us but you wouldn't even notice, she was silent the whole time. Almost as if she didn't want to talk about what happened back at Woodbury, which made me even more curious.

Finally, the car came to a stop. We were in front of a chain-link fence. Amy and Carol ran out of the guard tower. Amy opened the fence for us to get in while Carol opened the other fence for us to park inside the gates.

They closed the gates quickly after we went through them and parked. Amy walked to the car, disappointment spread across her face as she approached.

I opened the door on my side and quickly close the door, looking to Amy. When she saw my face, her face gave off a mix of fear, happiness, and shock.

"JAKE?!" She yelled.

"Amy!" I returned as I ran up to her and hugged her.

I held her in my arms as she sobbed and sobbed into my shoulder. We pulled a little apart, but not enough to break the hug. We stared into each others eyes before we crashed our lips together. Our lips moved in-sync as I felt warm tears hit my face, from both her and I.

We broke the kiss and panted somewhat as we still hugged.

"It's okay. I'm never leaving again." I kept repeating.

"Listen, I don't want to break this up," Rick started, "why don't we give you the night off, maybe Daryl can help Carol tonight."

Amy nodded while she had her head pressed up against my chest.

"Alright. You up for that, Daryl?" Rick asked.

"Yeah, whatever." He answered.

"Okay, you two kids have fun now, and remember: behave!" Rick told us.

"Yes, sir." I joked.

"Glad to have ya back, Jake."

"Yeah, it is." Amy looked up to me.

We eventually made our way to the prison. Amy led me into one of the cells where Tommy was laying on the top bunk of the bed.

"Go ahead, wake him up." Amy whispered.

"Nah, I'll let him sleep, I'll see him in the morning." I said.

I looked over at Amy. She had a look of bliss in her eyes while she was smiling. I smiled back at her. I walked up to her placing my arms around her and touching our faces together, our lips barely apart.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." She whispered back before we gently merged our lips together.

"We should get to bed." I smiled.

"Yeah."

I stripped down to my "pajamas" which was me in nothing but boxers. She stripped down to hers too.

I smiled at her and climbed onto the bottom bunk, lifting the blanket inviting her in. She accepted joyfully.

She faced me, smiling, as I wrapped my arm around her torso. She freed one of her arms that my arm held down and she drew patterns into my chest as I stared down at her, smiling.

"I'm glad I found you guys." I smiled and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry I wasn't here for a while."

"All that matters is you're here now. What happened when you were gone?" She asked.

I explained everything to her, the guys who kidnapped me, George, Woodbury, Michonne, Merle, and Andrea.

"Andrea?!" She asked.

"Yeah, she's still there too." I told her.

"We have to go get her!"

"She likes it there though, honey."

"But, she's my sister!"

"I'll talk to the guys tomorrow."

"Thank you." She rested her head on my chest.

"So what happened here?" I asked.

"Sophia... Dale... T... Patricia... Jimmy... Shane... Lori... They're all dead. Hershel lost his leg and Lori gave birth to a baby girl." She told me.

I was in shock, these people were my family too, and now most of them were... Gone.

"Jake?" Amy questioned.

"They're all gone?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Oh my God, if I was here, they could all still be alive, or at least some. I could've helped protect them." My blood boiled at the thought that this was the-guys-that-kidnapped-me's fault. If they wouldn't have taken me, I would have been here to help protect everyone.

"Don't blame yourself." Amy comforted.

"I don't. I blame those fucking assholes who kidnapped me!"

"Let's get to bed. We can catch up with everyone okay?" Amy held my face and gazed into my eyes.

"Alright." I told her, leaning in for another kiss and another smile.

"Goodnight, I love you." Amy told me.

"Night, I love you too." I said, kissing her on her forehead.